PDA

View Full Version : can i get some feed back please

atylawncare
04-11-2011, 08:37 PM
Hey can i get some feedback and ideas on my site its not the best im new to the whole site thing i have found this site and all of the people on here VERY helpful so let me know what you guys think its atylawncare.yolasites.com

PhivestarLawnCare
04-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Hey can i get some feedback and ideas on my site its not the best im new to the whole site thing i have found this site and all of the people on here VERY helpful so let me know what you guys think its atylawncare.yolasites.com

well i tried to see your site but it is broke it just takes you to this yola site pricing.

atylawncare
04-11-2011, 10:24 PM
sorry about that i typed it in wrong theres no S on site its atylawncare.yolasite.com

CHEESE2009
04-11-2011, 10:34 PM
There are a few issues with it.

HOME
The text which reads, "Around the Yard Lawn Care" is a font and color which is difficult to read.

The picture below is also makes me nauseous.
The shadows and outlines around the text should be weaker.

ABOUT US
The text which reads, "Around the Yard Lawn Care" appears like this;

Around the Yard Lawn
Care

The word, "Care" overlaps the Navigation bar.

SERVICES
You should list your services like this;

You
Should
List
Your
Services
This

, it's a lot easier to read.

TESTIMONIALS

The following is bad grammar;

Rhonda- My yard was looking bad but i let Aty start my lawn services and my yard went from an eysore to an eye catcher!

I* , begin his lawn services* , eyesore*

Even with editing, it sounds weird.

CONTACT US

The text which reads;

Granite City , Illinois 62040
618-709-0994

.... It's too close to the picture of the map.

///////////////////////////////////////////////

Overall, a very good start!

I noticed you are using a free host. May I suggest using "Weebly.com" instead of whatever "Yola" is? At least choose a different template, it looks like my grandmothers guest room wallpaper. LOL.

I'm only here to help, and be extremely off topic most of the time.
I can't wait to see your updates, and it's also very good that you got your foot in the door and are working on a website!

atylawncare
04-11-2011, 10:44 PM
LOL thank you scott i respect the honesty thats what i was looking for i dont want someone to tell me it looks great and it really not

CHEESE2009
04-11-2011, 10:51 PM
LOL thank you scott i respect the honesty thats what i was looking for i dont want someone to tell me it looks great and it really not

If anyone has mental problems when it comes to designing a site, that would be me.

LOL

I can't blame you anyway, when you use a free template it's very hard to organize everything the way you'd like... :(

Wish you the best!

atylawncare
04-11-2011, 11:22 PM
thank you scott and im liking this weebly so far im workin on a site there im thinking about just giving up the yola weebly feels more professional

CHEESE2009
04-12-2011, 12:00 AM
thank you scott and im liking this weebly so far im workin on a site there im thinking about just giving up the yola weebly feels more professional

Awesome! I'm glad to have been useful!

I'm curious as I've only used to paid version of Weebly previously, does the free version allow you to use/drag and drop HTML or FLASH?

If so, that's something to look into!

PhivestarLawnCare
04-12-2011, 12:06 AM
sorry about that i typed it in wrong theres no S on site its atylawncare.yolasite.com

lol that would be why

mulchrevitalizers
04-12-2011, 06:59 PM
You should fix the image used in the context page. The entire picture is difficult to read. It seems like it was shrinked. Try to use less outlined fonts and considering spacing the fonts a little bit.

Reduce the shadow on the "Free Estimates" words.

Are you able to add a web form in the "contact page"? Do you know that many people out there doesn't have an email client installed in their computers, like outlook for example?

When you put an email address (text or link) in a website, the visitor must have installed an email program like outllok, thunderbird, windows mail, etc. in order to "send" the email. If not, they have to copy/paste the email address into another third party email client (yahoo, hotmail, gmail, etc) to process and send out the email. Take that in consideration if you want to make easy visitors to send you emails!!!