PDA

View Full Version : Still making Flyers

CHEESE2009
04-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I have flyers already, but I wanted to make another one for fun - look!

http://breezelawnservice.ca/Flyers/UNBEATABLE.png

PhivestarLawnCare
04-11-2011, 07:41 PM
you must of been bored? lol.. looks pretty good

CHEESE2009
04-11-2011, 10:16 PM
Yup, I've been bored!

I even added a login feature on my website for clients which bring them to a "special page" lol....

AND, a music button!

www.breezelawnservice.ca (http://www.breezelawnservice.ca)

justin_time
04-11-2011, 10:40 PM
Yup, I've been bored!

I even added a login feature on my website for clients which bring them to a "special page" lol....

AND, a music button!

www.breezelawnservice.ca (http://www.breezelawnservice.ca)

Your going to lose customers just on your loading page, takes too long to load. I bet you if you take a look at your stats, i'm sure that's where you lose most of your people. Only takes 5 to 10 seconds, then you lose patience of the customer, if you don't have their attention within 7 seconds.. you might of lost a customer

CHEESE2009
04-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Your going to lose customers just on your loading page, takes too long to load. I bet you if you take a look at your stats, i'm sure that's where you lose most of your people. Only takes 5 to 10 seconds, then you lose patience of the customer, if you don't have their attention within 7 seconds.. you might of lost a customer

If you don't see the progress bar, then it might be your internet provider.

I have a feeling this might be a distance thing as it works fine on just about every computer I've tested it on in my area.

I shall look into this!

justin_time
04-11-2011, 11:10 PM
If you don't see the progress bar, then it might be your internet provider.

I have a feeling this might be a distance thing as it works fine on just about every computer I've tested it on in my area.

I shall look into this!

I do see the progress bar ! Everything works fine, just the fact i find it takes a bit long to load.. could be my wireless signal too who knows

Southern Oasis
04-11-2011, 11:48 PM
It didn't take long for me to load the page. It looks nice. Did you have it done or did you do it yourself?

CHEESE2009
04-11-2011, 11:57 PM
It didn't take long for me to load the page. It looks nice. Did you have it done or did you do it yourself?

Yup!

When I want something, and it involves being creative and sitting on my arse - I'll do what it takes.

It's a lot of "Flash Actionscript 3.0 and HTML" garbage that is very easy to forget.

cruzgardening
04-12-2011, 01:22 AM
I do see the progress bar ! Everything works fine, just the fact i find it takes a bit long to load.. could be my wireless signal too who knows

it takes a long time to load on mine also but it looks good :)

mulchrevitalizers
04-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Hey, 2 things about the home page load:

FIRTS: not everybody have highspeed or DSL connection. Many people out there still using dial up!
SECOND: Not everybody have flash installed on their computers (yes!! its true, believe me!). so you should have an alternate HTML link for those visitors.

Also, use google analytics to monitor your website, its a great tool and is free!

it takes a long time to load on mine also but it looks good :)

robgee05
04-12-2011, 08:29 PM
Do you really get 65/70 a week for starting cut prices and how big are the lots??

justin_time
04-12-2011, 08:52 PM

FIRTS: not everybody have highspeed or DSL connection. Many people out there still using dial up!
SECOND: Not everybody have flash installed on their computers (yes!! its true, believe me!). so you should have an alternate HTML link for those visitors.

Also, use google analytics to monitor your website, its a great tool and is free!

That's what i'm trying to explain if you scroll up... but nobody understood what i was saying until now.. Thank you ! lol

CHEESE2009
04-13-2011, 08:06 PM

Those who use dial up should switch, lol. That's my opinion.

As for flash, there are always prompts to get the driver to run it when it doesn't currently work. It only takes two seconds and one click of your mouse.

If people are computer savy enough to have flash disabled, they should be savy enough to know to enable it in order to view my site.

My host provides me with enough monitoring junk, and I use flash because I don't really care who does or doesn't view my site. It's there for a reference for existing or potential customers I've advertised it to.

///////////

All in all, if it takes more than 5 minutes (which is a lot) to view my site, you are living in ancient times. Call me crazy but the following is what I see;

Most of the elderly don't use computers, they are out of the question.
Anyone below 50 years old should realize that these are new times, only top notch computers are sold today -
I can't be the one to blame if you are running Windows 95 on a refurbished 10 year old computer. If you do, you are obviously not into spending a dime, and will most likely be a stingy customer.

The above is my answer if I were to care about who can or can't see my website. It's there, just like my phone number. If the website doesn't work, don't be shy - give me a call instead.

afpettijohns
04-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Consider your clients, your potential clients.

If everyone on this forum is bitching about your load times? think about your potential clients. To have an effective website? You have to assume that 10% of your clients are going to even go there. 5% are going to care enough to look at all the material in your site and 1% are going to be impressed as to the technical quality of the site, if that.

Most that will visit your site just go to the about page and want to have an idea of who will be taking care of there landscape. Most will just be impressed that you have a .com, (the most legitimate dot out there).

Your wanting to show off? make a secondary site and we will check it out. As for customer? They just want to be informed and not be hassled with getting a better download speed so they can view your site. Sorry if that stings, I think your stuff is cool, but I have a monster connection and it takes time for me to download you.

Check out my site, simple and effective. It can be downloaded in seconds with the worst speeds. http://www.afpettijohns.com Tell me what you think and ask me to help, I will if I have time.

cruzgardening
04-14-2011, 01:26 AM
Those who use dial up should switch, lol. That's my opinion.

As for flash, there are always prompts to get the driver to run it when it doesn't currently work. It only takes two seconds and one click of your mouse.

If people are computer savy enough to have flash disabled, they should be savy enough to know to enable it in order to view my site.

My host provides me with enough monitoring junk, and I use flash because I don't really care who does or doesn't view my site. It's there for a reference for existing or potential customers I've advertised it to.

///////////

All in all, if it takes more than 5 minutes (which is a lot) to view my site, you are living in ancient times. Call me crazy but the following is what I see;

Most of the elderly don't use computers, they are out of the question.
Anyone below 50 years old should realize that these are new times, only top notch computers are sold today -
I can't be the one to blame if you are running Windows 95 on a refurbished 10 year old computer. If you do, you are obviously not into spending a dime, and will most likely be a stingy customer.

The above is my answer if I were to care about who can or can't see my website. It's there, just like my phone number. If the website doesn't work, don't be shy - give me a call instead.

you got a point. the fact that people use old computers is no joke, but let me let tell u about my computer, i got a new acer with 6GB DDR3 Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, Windows 7 Home Premium and a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3 i dont think its my internet either cause i have high speed internet AKA DSL :) so i think its something else :P

but like i said the site is awesome mine does not compare :)

Southern Oasis
04-14-2011, 07:59 PM

Good tip! :cool: