PDA

View Full Version : Toro Z380

SouthallMowing
04-11-2011, 02:29 PM
It's a 2006 model, 38" deck. Great mower for a small amount of yards. I used it all last year for 4 lawns. About 4 hours a week. This year I need it for 8-12 depending on how tall the grass gets. Will it hold up? I changed the oil at the beginning of every other month last year. Took it to a dealer when I first got it last year (used of course) and they did a tune up and everything. Will it hold up? What do I need to do to make it hold up?

Thanks,
John

Steve
04-12-2011, 01:07 PM
That is a consumer model right?

Since you already have it, why not just use it until it stops performing the way you want it to and then replace it?

CHEESE2009
04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
It's a 2006 model, 38" deck. Great mower for a small amount of yards. I used it all last year for 4 lawns. About 4 hours a week. This year I need it for 8-12 depending on how tall the grass gets. Will it hold up? I changed the oil at the beginning of every other month last year. Took it to a dealer when I first got it last year (used of course) and they did a tune up and everything. Will it hold up? What do I need to do to make it hold up?

Thanks,
John

The way I see it, it's a machine. If you take care of it - it will last a long time, well enough to pay itself off and give you a profit.

Sure commercial equipment is better, but the above is true.

//////////////////////////

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Make sure you clear out all of the debris from the hidden parts of your machine. Your machine (like mine) collects grass around the belt which is accessible right above the deck of the mower, and underneath where your feet rest.

Debris around the "chute" builds up, make sure you clear it off.

Keep your tires inflated.

///////////////////

Tips: tie your chute to the bottom hole where you adjust your height, the grass will spread evenly and not leave a mess when you cut the lawn. Basically, raise your chute.

tie your seat down when it's in the trailer, the seat probably bounces around... I hate that.

Don't you have a manual for the machine? It should list everything that needs to be maintained throughout x period of hours/days/months/years. You might want to check online for one.

I usually go crazy with grease, it's a simple step to improving your machine. You'll find "nipples" on the machine which would require you to own a grease gun - You can get one for $5.00

It's also good to tighten up all the parts you find a bit loosened, especially around the wheels as they hold a lot of weight and every curb you drive off makes this problem worse.

For parts and an oil change, spend a few bucks and have your dealer do it.
The air filter should always be kept clean, give it a good blowjob:p every few lawns.

I'm no mechanic, but when problems to happen - you learn.

ALSO, always treat your choke, buttons, etc with care. They tend to wear and may snap at the worst times.

wandfsmall
04-12-2011, 07:42 PM
For parts and an oil change, spend a few bucks and have your dealer do it.
The air filter should always be kept clean, give it a good blowjob:p every few lawns.

I'm no mechanic, but when problems to happen - you learn.

ALSO, always treat your choke, buttons, etc with care. They tend to wear and may snap at the worst times.

I do not recommend hitting the air filter with a blowgun just tap it on the ground. The air compressor puts holes in the paper filters.

Also for the choke cables spray them with fluid film when you change the oil, well worth the expense to do that.

SouthallMowing
04-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Steve, Yes, it's a consumer model.
Cheese, Yeah I do all that. It's already made enough money to pay for it twice. :D

Just wondering, is there a way to keep the front caster wheels from losing air all the time from turning?

wandfsmall
04-13-2011, 09:14 AM
Steve, Yes, it's a consumer model.
Cheese, Yeah I do all that. It's already made enough money to pay for it twice. :D

Just wondering, is there a way to keep the front caster wheels from losing air all the time from turning?

the narrow tires have a real problem with that.... I do not know of any fix other then replacing them with solid tires, or keeping higher air pressure in them.

SouthallMowing
04-13-2011, 02:12 PM
I keep what's recommended in them. Then if I turn or something, and they get caught sideways, then they leak air. But it's mostly on a hill where it happens. So, I will just find a better way to mow on a hill.