PDA

View Full Version : Snapper for first commercial mower???(HELP!)

ivyslawncare
04-10-2011, 11:35 AM
What do you guys think. This is my first commercial mower and i am on a very tight budget. I found this add on craigslist about an hour away from me.........

snapper pro express mower - $900
Snapper Pro Express commercial walk behind mower. Was bought from a local lawn service last summer. New engine installed ($1050.00) new pto installed ($235.00). Unit has roughly 20 hours on it since replaced engine and pto. Mower is 48". engine is 15 hp Kohler. Comes with a stand on pull cart for driver to ride on.. Runs and operates exceptionally well.. Delivery available within 25 miles.

jrod14
04-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Ask for receipts on the engine. What's the price of a new one? $900 sounds good to me. Snapper's are good mowers. What kind of engine? HP?

wandfsmall
04-10-2011, 11:08 PM
a look at the pic shows 2 mowers on a trailer and some sort of commercial building, I would guess a commercial cutter. I would look at it first as I would be afraid your getting someone else's mistake.

ivyslawncare
04-11-2011, 12:17 AM
Ok and i dont know much about it just what it says in the ad. So its a 15 hp commercial kohler engine. ( i know this because i showed it to a snapper dealer and they can tell)

Steve
04-11-2011, 01:49 PM
Here are some tips to consider when looking to buy a used mower (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=8833).

wandfsmall
04-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Ok and i dont know much about it just what it says in the ad. So its a 15 hp commercial kohler engine. ( i know this because i showed it to a snapper dealer and they can tell)

It sounds like a good deal just the photo does not add up to me. I agree your dealer as you can tell it is not a Courage. I just have a feeling they are not telling your something due to the picture. Snapper does have a well respected walk behind mower so you might want to check it out just look it over.