PDA

View Full Version : Bathroom Breaks

Paineless Creations
04-10-2011, 10:40 AM
How do you guys deal with this issue?

Example: working in an apartment comlex where there's no bathroom-I'm usually in and out of there in 3-4 hours. I have an employee that just as we get started has to go the bathroom, or an hour into the job one of us has to pee.

Here's the dilema...do I load up all my gear, drive down the road 3 miles to the nearest bathroom, take care of business, go back to work, and unload everything again?

How do you handle this situation?

bruces
04-10-2011, 12:09 PM
1 - insist he wears diapers!
2 - get a porta-pottie
3 - on the way to the job stop for a pee break
4 - send the guy in the truck alone so you dont have to load-re-load and you can still keep working .

Personally ,It sounds like the guy might be screwing with you if this is happening all the time ,if you suspect the same use #1 .Also,do you legally have to give him a 15 minute break every 2 hours ? with a few exceptions,thats how it is in Canada

Liberty Landscaping LLC
04-10-2011, 12:19 PM
If you have an enclosed trailer I would say Porta Pottie is the way to go. If not I would go to the rest room before every big job that will take more then 30 minutes. Good Luck!

afpettijohns
04-10-2011, 04:03 PM
They sell yellow gas cans for deisel. Grab it and pee in the truck. Try to avoid being not noticed. My brother made me quit a job before I felt it was done, I'm buying the yellow gas can tomorrow. Lol

Paineless Creations
04-10-2011, 08:46 PM
They sell yellow gas cans for deisel. Grab it and pee in the truck. Try to avoid being not noticed. My brother made me quit a job before I felt it was done, I'm buying the yellow gas can tomorrow. Lol

Great advice on the yellow gas can. LOL

Hedgemaster
04-11-2011, 12:39 AM
I haz an extended cab truck with tinted windows. That and an empty Gatorade bottle will get me through in a pinch.

:D

Unless I haz to poo.

:eek:

afpettijohns
04-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Tinted are my windows too, I'm still stuck on the yellow deislel gas can, can be thrown in the truck bed without a notice. please empty it every day. LOL

I haz an extended cab truck with tinted windows. That and an empty Gatorade bottle will get me through in a pinch.

Unless I haz to poo.

:eek:

Hedgemaster
04-11-2011, 01:03 AM
Funny thing is I just picked up a yellow 5 gal diesel can on clearance for $2. I figured I would just use it at home to do my fuel mixing in - couldn't beat the price.

Now every time I look at it, I'm going to think about whizzing in it.

PhivestarLawnCare
04-11-2011, 01:21 AM
I would have to say go before you get to the job. i always do i sure as hell dont hold it in haha.

afpettijohns
04-11-2011, 01:26 AM
Oh that is too funny, I was thinking it was a perfect color and imagine the man hours you will save.

I don't know the benefits of a diesel engines in our line of work and don't think I will ever know. A yellow gas can might be useful for a tow truck driver but I can't think of a better use for it in our industry. (grinning from ear to ear)!

They should sell its qualities to us as a pee holder. They would make a fortune! Oh, I'm busting a gut!

Funny thing is I just picked up a yellow 5 gal diesel can on clearance for $2. I figured I would just use it at home to do my fuel mixing in - couldn't beat the price.

Now every time I look at it, I'm going to think about whizzing in it.

jsslawncare
04-11-2011, 06:55 AM
We just hit the wooded area. And it's getting harder to do.

Paineless Creations
04-11-2011, 10:21 PM
all right boys... there's a lady in the house...this is MRS. Paineless Creations!
Now I know all of YOU are equipped to use the yellow gas can or gatorade bottle, but what about us ladies out helping the hubby in the field? Anyone have a real suggestion for me?

Hedgemaster
04-11-2011, 10:48 PM
all right boys... there's a lady in the house...this is MRS. Paineless Creations!
Now I know all of YOU are equipped to use the yellow gas can or gatorade bottle, but what about us ladies out helping the hubby in the field? Anyone have a real suggestion for me?

Sure...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hLwYbytkl5I/TNhvyYQIKXI/AAAAAAAABug/8R6KJpqqNig/s1600/Funnel.jpg

I had to do it.

Paineless Creations
04-12-2011, 12:04 AM
LOL! ;) would you suggest using that in the truck or draping myself witha tarp first?

cruzgardening
04-12-2011, 03:08 AM
i have to agree with the other guys who said to pee before any big job though the funnel might work also haha

turfmaster
04-12-2011, 05:00 PM
Piss can on the enclosed trailer. Open trailer crew is shiit outta luck.

Steve
04-15-2011, 12:32 PM
I just saw this article and thought it was a great example of how you can get
bad press quickly.

Mailman suspended after relieving himself in yard (http://www.kgw.com/news/Mailman-Suspended-for**119879359.html) - He started pulling his pants down and started defecating and at that point I grabbed my camera

http://media.kgw.com/images/mailman-dump2.jpg

cruzgardening
04-16-2011, 01:32 AM
I just saw this article and thought it was a great example of how you can get
bad press quickly.

Mailman suspended after relieving himself in yard (http://www.kgw.com/news/Mailman-Suspended-for**119879359.html) - He started pulling his pants down and started defecating and at that point I grabbed my camera

http://media.kgw.com/images/mailman-dump2.jpg

awww that sucks, but i have to say the mail man can ask to use my toilet and i would let him... mayb this guy was shy lol

Liberty Landscaping LLC
04-16-2011, 09:35 AM
Yea I would always let them in too but a lot of people aren't home during the day and there might be a rule that they can't do that too....back to the topic at hand if you do have an enclosed trailer a porta potty is the way to go. I am thinking about putting one in my trailer I have plenty of extra room. If not you'll have to hit someplace before every job that is going to take more then 20 min or so. Good luck.

Hedgemaster
07-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Since last posting I've discovered that when properly positioned, I can just open both doors (extended cab truck - both open "away" from each other) and be shielded from view for the most part.

Just make sure you don't put the Gatorade bottle someplace you could grab it by mistake later. :eek:

Steve
07-06-2011, 09:54 AM
LOL the benefits of having an extended cab truck. :)