PDA

View Full Version : Two on One OR One on One??

Paineless Creations
04-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Hi guys,

I've picked up two new lawns that are right next to each other.
My question is this:

Do you think it's more efficient to have me and my helper do one lawn together (two on one) or send him to the other lawn and do them separately? (one on one)

Thanks!

wellbiz
04-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Hi guys,

My question is this:

Do you think it's more efficient to have me and my helper do one lawn together (two on one) or send him to the other lawn and do them separately? (one on one)

Thanks!

I would say two on one. But that depends on how you plan to do it and who is running what machinery. Of course I would try it one way one week, and the other the next and see which too the shortest amount of time.

Steve
04-10-2011, 11:40 AM
How do the two of you handle a lawn now? How do you split up the work?

Paineless Creations
04-10-2011, 12:10 PM
How do the two of you handle a lawn now? How do you split up the work?

Well we pull up to a property and he mows and I edge and trim and who ever finishes first grabs the blower (usually me) does clean up and cleans off the grass clippings and both meet back in the truck. But I now have two lawns very close to each other (practically next door). I am pondering the thought of sending him off with a mower and a weedwhacker, and I go to the other property with another mower and a weedwhacker.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
04-10-2011, 12:22 PM
My recomendation is the same as one previous try it both ways and see what's faster. This only works if you know he does quality work. If not double team the one lawn to keep an eye on him better then doing something over again. Let us know what is faster.

CHEESE2009
04-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Guy1: Focuses on all the backyards
Guy2: Focuses on all the front yards

Guy1 + Guy2 start on the same property.

Whoever is finished mowing first, will begin trimming.

When the second person is done mowing, they will begin blowing.

The above is great for "morale" - you will both feel accomplished faster then being split up.

WARNING: You should both mow. There is no "I'll trim, you mow" - it isn't fair and it's bad for "morale".

Whoever is done mowing, then they can focus on trimming or blowing. Taking turns mowing per property is still very exhausting, mentally and physical.

afpettijohns
04-10-2011, 03:39 PM
When me and my brother do a job like that. Right next door. We treat it like one big lawn. The machines don't get turned off.

Hi guys,

My question is this:

Thanks!

Paineless Creations
04-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Great advice everybody. I will let you know what is faster

Steve
04-11-2011, 01:32 PM
That would be interesting if you were able to try both ways and time each of them to see which is faster. Looking forwards to hearing what you find.

Paineless Creations
04-11-2011, 10:23 PM
That would be interesting if you were able to try both ways and time each of them to see which is faster. Looking forwards to hearing what you find.

Yep give me about 2 weeks and I will have results for you :)