PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about the flyer?

cruzgardening
04-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Hey guys im designing a flyer advertising flower beds and Border planting this is a simple designed made in about 20 minutes with some of my work please give advice to make it more pleasing for the eye thanks guys.

Cruz Gardening :)

cruzgardening
04-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Hey guys im designing a flyer advertising flower beds and Border planting this is a simple designed made in about 20 minutes with some of my work please give advice to make it more pleasing for the eye thanks guys.

Cruz Gardening :)

wow didnt notice the picture was lacking all the writing and the words where moved on the header ill try to reload again

cruzgardening
04-08-2011, 12:14 AM
he is the correct picture sorry guys

Hedgemaster
04-08-2011, 10:59 AM
Ok...

1. Your name is not a headline. Place it somewhere else.

2. Overall, it's a symmetrical layout but that "box" on the right is taller.
If you can't make that one shorter, make the one on the left the same height.

3. It looks like there are double spaces between words in a few places.

4. Bump everything down so it's not "up against the top" so much - give it some breathing room.

5. Maybe make the space between the three images and the image above a little bigger. (Like at the top portion of the ad)

Headline suggestion using text already used:
(spacing/fonts limited with what I have to work with here - just showing to give an idea)

WE MAKE IT GREEN!

Flowerbeds and Border Designs

CRUZ GARDENING SERVICE

Steve
04-08-2011, 11:52 AM
Or even consider some kind of special offer at top too. It looks very nice though.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
04-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Not the designer here so you mention a three step process you might want to explain that instead of leaving them guessing.

cruzgardening
04-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Not the designer here so you mention a three step process you might want to explain that instead of leaving them guessing.

I tried adding more info into the 3 step aproach which are, Site analysis, Garden Style and Plant Selection do u have an idea how i can implement this in there i think my brain is fried right now haha

Ok...

1. Your name is not a headline. Place it somewhere else.

2. Overall, it's a symmetrical layout but that "box" on the right is taller.
If you can't make that one shorter, make the one on the left the same height.

3. It looks like there are double spaces between words in a few places.

4. Bump everything down so it's not "up against the top" so much - give it some breathing room.

5. Maybe make the space between the three images and the image above a little bigger. (Like at the top portion of the ad)

Headline suggestion using text already used:
(spacing/fonts limited with what I have to work with here - just showing to give an idea)

WE MAKE IT GREEN!

Flowerbeds and Border Designs

CRUZ GARDENING SERVICE
Ill work on the design tomorrow i am using Microsoft word to make this hehe so lets see if i can do it all btw i removed my name off the header :)

cruzgardening
04-09-2011, 02:43 AM
Or even consider some kind of special offer at top too. It looks very nice though.

hi steve i think i might be able to include a 25% off coupon on the bottom i think it would not look that good on the top but then again i have never tried it
thanks for the idea ull see the new one tomorrow its bed time now :)

Steve
04-09-2011, 12:30 PM
hi steve i think i might be able to include a 25% off coupon on the bottom i think it would not look that good on the top but then again i have never tried it

Remember, you want your attention getting headline or offer at the top. You want to grab the readers attention as quickly as possible so they will read the rest of the flyer.

cruzgardening
04-09-2011, 07:48 PM
here is the update some changes have been implemented and i am still wondering where i can add the 25% coupon :) also don't know about the color combination :P let me know what you guys think of the update

cruzgardening
04-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Remember, you want your attention getting headline or offer at the top. You want to grab the readers attention as quickly as possible so they will read the rest of the flyer.

im still wondering where i should place the 25% off coupon :)

mulchrevitalizers
04-09-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi friend!

Here are my inputs, and as Steve says, try to put the offer at the top to grab the attention quickly. I think you can reduce the size of both boxes and distribute the text more efficiently to gain space for the coupon.

If you send me the elements, I can re-do it for you (at no charge!) using photoshop. Let me know.

Good luck!

here is the update some changes have been implemented and i am still wondering where i can add the 25% coupon :) also don't know about the color combination :P let me know what you guys think of the update

cruzgardening
04-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Hi friend!

Here are my inputs, and as Steve says, try to put the offer at the top to grab the attention quickly. I think you can reduce the size of both boxes and distribute the text more efficiently to gain space for the coupon.

If you send me the elements, I can re-do it for you (at no charge!) using photoshop. Let me know.

Good luck!

what you think about this one? the corrections have been implemented and the font color was changed

Steve
04-10-2011, 10:35 AM
That looks good. While you are experimenting, why not try putting the 25% off coupon at the top where you now have the 'we make it green' wording.

What do you feel would grab your eye more on a flyer 'We make it green.' or '25% off!'

mulchrevitalizers
04-10-2011, 06:53 PM
Now it looks much better!

I think you can add the 25% OFF coupon inside the left box at the very bottom. Just play a bit with the spaces.

what you think about this one? the corrections have been implemented and the font color was changed

cruzgardening
04-11-2011, 02:50 AM
Now it looks much better!

I think you can add the 25% OFF coupon inside the left box at the very bottom. Just play a bit with the spaces.

Hi i was trying to add a coupon like Steve mentioned before but i would advertise more for higher end clients and a 25% coupon on the top would bring in clients who are looking for a deal and i can only give them a deal with a contract so what you guys think about this one?

Steve
04-11-2011, 01:00 PM
I think you are on the right track.

You may want to experiment with one flyer for one section of town and another flyer for another section of town and see which pulls in more customers. Then you will know which flyer works better.

mulchrevitalizers
04-11-2011, 02:53 PM
That's good. Are you going to limit the offer for a limit or expiration time? or does the coupon has to be mentioned or presented in order to be honored?

If so, I suggest you to write in a small note about that at the bottom of the ad.

Hi i was trying to add a coupon like Steve mentioned before but i would advertise more for higher end clients and a 25% coupon on the top would bring in clients who are looking for a deal and i can only give them a deal with a contract so what you guys think about this one?

cruzgardening
04-11-2011, 11:21 PM
That's good. Are you going to limit the offer for a limit or expiration time? or does the coupon has to be mentioned or presented in order to be honored?

If so, I suggest you to write in a small note about that at the bottom of the ad.

I almost forgot about the small letters on the bottom hehe it will be limited time for spring to the begining of summer thanks for the heads up

I think you are on the right track.

You may want to experiment with one flyer for one section of town and another flyer for another section of town and see which pulls in more customers. Then you will know which flyer works better.

i already have 2 flyers around town but the place where im targeting is the nicer neighborhood its called La Cresenta i will make 2 flyers and will try them out and see the results for next year. thanks guys! i think after i add the disclaimer on the bottom its ready to print :)

Steve
04-12-2011, 12:42 PM
Keep us posted on how it all turns out!