PDA

View Full Version : jerry cans or plastic?

Partime Mower
06-13-2003, 07:16 PM
I was thinking about using jerry cans and tossing my plastic cans. The new jerry's have built in spouts and they seems to be more durable.

BSDeality
06-13-2003, 07:36 PM
I used to use a jerry can, but the metal spout fatigued and split open. I've still got the can, but no spout, so its kinda hard to use. right now i have some 5gal metal containers, but i'm thinking of switching to plastic ones that interlock so they're easier to strap down/secure.

Lawn Magic
06-13-2003, 08:05 PM
I use plastic of different colors/sizes to minimize the risk of adding the wrong fuel to a piece of equip. Yellow for diesel, small red for trimmers, straight gas in lg red and blue for blowers (and other Stihl equip) I change the spouts and vent caps occasionally if they start leaking or get lost. And replace the whole thing every couple of yrs. I secure them accross the tailgate with a tension bar but would like to have a metal box/shelf added to the front of my trailer to keep everything out ot the bed of my truck accept job materials when needed. I stock 2 cans of each type of fuel at the warehouse to minimize fuel stops, but dont take everything with us unless we are fueling that day.

1manCrew
06-14-2003, 01:18 PM
I use plastic cause they are cheap and disposable. If the get messed up, you can throw them out and then get new ones. Jerry cans got to go for at least $40 a can? I think anyway. When those things get dropped or dented thats it!

Enviro-Lawns
06-14-2003, 06:11 PM
Yea thats a definite good idea using different colored cans for oil mix gas or if its regular gas.