PDA

View Full Version : new signs!

ivyslawncare
04-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Everywhere I go I see lawn care trucks everywhere...and I'm just waiting for the phone to ring. I'm hoping that will change because I just ordered new signs for my truck and trailer! I'm really excited to see how they look! Ill post some pictures once I get them on and figure out how to put pictures on here...any help?

element009
04-06-2011, 08:45 PM
I just had 2 truck signs made as well. I am picking them up tomorrow. Will post as well.

ivyslawncare
04-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Great! I'd like to see them! The company that is making my signs are going to send me some ideas in a couple days and i'll post them on and see which one has the greatest response. Maybe your signs can help me decide on which one to choose!:)

Steve
04-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Ill post some pictures once I get them on and figure out how to put pictures on here...any help?

When you are adding a reply, scroll down and look for the grey button that says 'manage attachments.'

Click on it and you will be able to add pictures.

CHEESE2009
04-14-2011, 09:08 PM
When you create signage for your truck, you don't really want clutter at all.

Your number should be the only thing visible along with your logo.

Just imagine yourself driving through an intersection, what do you believe would grab more attention? Some writing which is camouflaged by a grassy background , or a plain number with a simple logo?

Never put anything that will distract someone from your number. I keep my logo simple, so it's stuck in their brain and they can move on to the important information. A picture of an alligator with a bow-tie holding a rake might be cute, but do you want them looking at that for 5 seconds at a red light?

If you really want to stand out, put some vinyl on your truck which displays your phone number which will cover the entire bed side-section of your truck.

element009
04-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Hey guys. Got my sign on the truck. I think it looks pretty good. What do you think?

Next task, paint job!

CHEESE2009
04-15-2011, 09:16 AM
Hey guys. Got my sign on the truck. I think it looks pretty good. What do you think?

Next task, paint job!

Nice dumper.

The sign looks great! Good luck with the paint job, I've seen worse!:p

Your website is also very impressive

Steve
04-15-2011, 12:31 PM
The truck signs look great! How has getting them effected your business?

element009
04-15-2011, 03:44 PM
I look more professional now for sure. I haven't had any calls from the signs yet, but I only put them up a few days ago.

I was doing a mulching job 2 days ago, and I parked the truck in the driveway so that people driving by could see me working and see the signs. I'm hoping that practice will start to get me a call here and there.

avetslawncare
03-25-2012, 11:46 PM
This is the new sign for the back of my trailer....$600 but a big investment. I had it on today and people were asking for my cards at the gas station.

She also gave me free signs for yards which I put out for bigger jobs like mulching.... I did a mulch job last week and put a sign in the yard (she agreed bc I said I would give $10 off for every customer who I got from the sign)...well 2 new full time mowing customers and 1 more mulch job which will profit a few hundred... she gets the next mowing for 15 dollars.... everyone stay happy

http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/avetslawncare/avets/

CHEESE2009
03-26-2012, 08:36 AM
I'm putting a sign on the back (ramp) of my trailer too. I'm not sure how long it'll last with all the debris falling through as I'm driving the tractor up and down the ramp.

Let us find out together, LOL!

Steve
03-26-2012, 11:12 AM
That is fantastic you have been getting more jobs because of the trailer sign!

avetslawncare
03-26-2012, 10:10 PM
My advice....you get what you pay for......I spent 600 bucks but I know someone who has had one for 3 years and it hasn't worn... only thing i need to do is go to the trailer store and get the rubber bumper things they make for the outside of enclosed trailers.

The way I look at it, it is a cheap way of advertising and easy... no time, no repetitive payments....just a one time deal.

696 Signs
03-27-2012, 02:39 PM
$600 for just the rear of the trailer?
(sign looks nice though)

Tony
696 Signs

Ducke
03-27-2012, 06:18 PM
This is the new sign for the back of my trailer....$600 but a big investment. I had it on today and people were asking for my cards at the gas station.

She also gave me free signs for yards which I put out for bigger jobs like mulching.... I did a mulch job last week and put a sign in the yard (she agreed bc I said I would give $10 off for every customer who I got from the sign)...well 2 new full time mowing customers and 1 more mulch job which will profit a few hundred... she gets the next mowing for 15 dollars.... everyone stay happy

http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg487/avetslawncare/avets/

Pulling that around is like dragging a brick or sheet of plywood your Gas mileage is sure going to drop.