PDA

View Full Version : What about a sponsor or fundraiser

atylawncare
04-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Hey there my name is Dan i was wondering ifasking an up and going business to sponsor you is a bad idea or even maytbe having a benefit like a chicken and beer dance or a raffle. If the sponsor works would it be a bad idea to put their name on the sleeve of your shirts or offer them free service maybe ? thank you
dan

Steve
04-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Dan,

Give us a little more insight into this idea.

What would be an ideal situation?

What kind of company would want to sponsor a lawn care business and what would they get out of it?

atylawncare
04-07-2011, 01:25 AM
My dads friend owns his own car shop their pretty big maybe if they sponsor they can get a free lot clean up or a few free cuts at his home something along those lines. Maybe even a raffle like raffling off a tv if you buy a tv for 400 get some tickets about 100 maybe and you sell them for 20 dollars a tickets you would make about 1500 dollars profit for your business . Either of those sound like a good idea or just more work than whats its worth ?

Tom53
04-07-2011, 09:48 AM
What is the sponsor putting into your lawn care business? Is he paying for your gas for the season, or is he buying you a zero turn mower, or some other equipment?

Sponsors provide something of value to the people or team they are sponsoring. Like a little league ball team, the sponsor may be providing the uniform shirts that has their name on it or in racing, sponsors pay for the tires or the fuel or whatever. They get the cars painted with their logo's or names.
What is the sponsor providing? Your shirts? Is that why you would have his name on the sleeve?

Whatever the sponsor is providing should be of value to you, and then in turn by you mentioning, or advertising your sponsor you are returning the value back to him.

atylawncare
04-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Thank you Tom i never thought about it like that what would you say about the raffle or fundraiser ?

Fisher
04-07-2011, 11:49 PM
I feel that sponsors are for groups whose sport or purpose doesn't directly if at all provide them with an income. Of all the sponsorships I've done none of them were ever for a business to make money. You should be your own sponsor. If capital is what you are looking form, then I believe you need an investor or partner. Otherwise, research methods for raising capital on your own. Friends or family may be a good start.

Tom53
04-08-2011, 09:04 AM
I dont understand how a raffle or fundraiser can be linked to a lawn care business.

In my experience raffles and fundraisers are for charity organizations, or some
gift to help a family who has an extremely serious or even deadly medical problem with a kid or something. You see that stuff on the news all the time.

Personally, if I were to invest my own time and money into trying to hold a raffle or fundraiser, I would think the time and effort and money would be better off just being put into equipment or supplies for the business, and skip the hassle of trying to raffle or raise funds. I have had some experience with holding raffles, and other fund raisers, and there is a lot of behind the scenes work and headaches that nobody can imagine. And I should point out that in different states you would have different laws to contend with for trying to hold such an event. It may even have to be held by a regular authorized and licensed non-profit organization. They then would either expect, or be entitled to part of the money raised.

Short answer > not worth the effort in my opinion.