PDA

View Full Version : is this mower worth it

robert24
04-05-2011, 12:11 PM
hi to everyone on the forum
yesterday i noticed my neighbor rolling his toro 22" commercial grade lawnmower to the trash he said it no longer starts unless you spray starting fluid into the carb. he offered it to me and i was wondering if anyone may know why it would only run with starting fluid and would this be something worth getting fixed. i know he used it last season and it was working fine. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

950thomas
04-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Starting fluid will wash the cylinder walls probably needs carb rebuilt

robert24
04-05-2011, 12:51 PM
how much starting fluid should i use and how long can i get away with it,also is a carb rebuild expensive

bruces
04-05-2011, 12:57 PM
use ZERO starting fluid,take the damned carb off,clean it out properly,and go ,before you ruin whatever is left of the mower .Clean the gas tank as well .

Steve
04-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Does it stay running once you get it started or does it die out?

Did you change the plug?

is a carb rebuild expensive

Can you take the air cleaner off and spray some carb cleaner down in there and then maybe take the bowl off underneath and spray some cleaner in there too?

That might help a bit.

wandfsmall
04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Does it stay running once you get it started or does it die out?

Did you change the plug?

Can you take the air cleaner off and spray some carb cleaner down in there and then maybe take the bowl off underneath and spray some cleaner in there too?

That might help a bit.

no take the thing apart and run fishing line up the jets replace the gaskets and put it back together. I have said it before and I will keep saying it NEVER USE STARTING FLUID it is dangerous and destroys the engine. and yes it is worth it I fix those engines every day for around $30 you could do it cheaper yourself.