PDA

View Full Version : Pricing????

Mlopez
04-05-2011, 11:27 AM
Hello:
My husband and I are in the process of starting our own landscaping company. My husband has been a foreman for about 5 years now, so he knows to to get the jobs done, but the problem that we are running into is knowing how much to charge. How should we go about figuring that out? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Steve
04-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Welcome to our forum!

A couple of things you may want to keep in mind. First off is that we see a national average of $45 per hour for lawn care.

Second is you can experiment with these lawn care estimators (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299) to find how much you should be charging.

Mlopez
04-06-2011, 08:43 AM
Thank you, Im actaully really happy that I found this forum, it's been a lot of help so far!

The estimate calculators are great! Thanks so much!

I have a question. When you are just starting out, do I need to worry about being licensed and insured?

Hedgemaster
04-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Thank you, Im actaully really happy that I found this forum, it's been a lot of help so far!

The estimate calculators are great! Thanks so much!

I have a question. When you are just starting out, do I need to worry about being licensed and insured?

Only if you aren't worried about fines, lawsuits, or Uncle Sam.

:)

bruces
04-06-2011, 10:43 AM
when you got your first car,did you bother to get a licence and insurance then ?

Steve
04-06-2011, 12:52 PM

Insurance is there to protect you and your customers.

You also need to be aware of what licenses you need to perform your services. Each area is different so I would check into it.

element009
04-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Check out the "Lawn Business School (http://www.gopherforum.com/index.php?pageid=GopherHaul-Lawn-Care-Business-School)" in the top right of your screen. I'm about 10 lessons in and I think it's a great resource. It will not only answer a lot of questions you have now, but also bring to light things you haven't even considered. Good luck on your new venture!