PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices Are Crazy

clandscaping44
04-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Hey everyone i think i speak for everyone when i say these gas prices are getting too high... IDK how much it is in other states... but in NY ITS GETTIN CLOSE TO $4 and most likely gonna continue to rise from there maybe to some people its not so much $$$ but no matter how much the prices differ in other states. I believe we landscapers should stand together instead of competing against each other for once. I propose we should boycott gas THE FIRST MONDAY OF THE MONTH EVERY MONTH, to resolve the gas price problems. IK it may be a little risky profits wise but i think we can do it. Please comment IK WHAT UR SAYIN "IM CRAZY" BUT ARENT WE ALL BUSINESS OWNERS A LITTLE CRAZY. IN SOME SHAPE OR FORM, THATS HOW EVERYONE OF U PROBABLY GOT TO BE WHERE U R TODAY DONT YOU THINK SO. I hope this post will reach and inspire many many landscapers nationwide please comment im eagger to hear what your opinions are on this. So lets make this happened- ITS SHOWTIME

XtreemGreen
04-03-2011, 07:43 PM
$3.59 as of today, close to tampa,Fla ....

Hedgemaster
04-03-2011, 08:48 PM
I think "they" know that we will still need to buy gas on "Tuesday".

$3.59 to $3.69 (reg unleaded) here in the 'Burgh.

jklawncare
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
There would never be enough landscapers to make a difference in the companies revenues. And even if everyone did..there would be no difference. The reason gas is so high is because europe stopped trading with a foreign country and we get our supply from europe. No matter how much or little we buy. It wont get cheaper.

If your really wanna boycot. Id say tell everone in america to travel by bike or rickshaw and all landscapers mow with Reel mowers.

ToastedToad
04-03-2011, 10:57 PM
Paid $3.92 here today.

SECTLANDSCAPING
04-03-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm at 3.71

It's naive to think we couldn't make a difference. There is bigger forces at play her but the alternative fuels are there. I want a all propane fleet but the cost is too high for me right now. I do like the idea of locked in fuel cost for the year. Its marketable too! The green landscaper is a niche business. I know a lady in my area, has to be close to 60. Does all the work with hand tools. If she can do it we all could.

DC 1
04-04-2011, 10:53 AM
3.79 for gas

4.15 deisel :mad::mad:

Ohio!!!

How's the "Change" working out for everyone!!!!!;););) Seem like same old same old!!!!

Hedgemaster
04-04-2011, 11:56 AM
3.79 for gas

4.15 deisel :mad::mad:

Ohio!!!

How's the "Change" working out for everyone!!!!!;););) Seem like same old same old!!!!

I've even run out of change - all that's left is "hope".

:rolleyes:

Fisher
04-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Myself, I have been budgeting fuel at $5 per gallon since the end of February. When I buy fuel I round up the cost to $5 and tuck the difference away. I figure this way when I'm out bidding jobs it's easier for me to keep that cost in mind and once fuel does go over my $5 I hope to have set aside enough to offset the cost through the rest of the year until I can determine a new anticipated budget for next year.

DC 1
04-04-2011, 12:25 PM
With the increase in costs, how many of you guys eat the increase and how many of you implement a fuel surcharge in your contract or billing?????

B-2 Lawncare
04-04-2011, 01:07 PM
With the increase in costs, how many of you guys eat the increase and how many of you implement a fuel surcharge in your contract or billing?????

I am eating it for now, Not sure how long that's going to last.

justin_time
04-04-2011, 01:48 PM
$1.28/Litre here in Northern Ontario Canada

jklawncare
04-04-2011, 03:23 PM

All my quotes are put together with gas at $5.25 just incase that way i wont implement surcharges and keep my customer happy

plus when the gas isnt that high..its a nice bonus for the company funds

swstout
04-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Price at the pumps has risen 119% (more than double) since Obama has taken office.

After the BP spill, he stopped all drilling and even production from 50,000 working drill sites (he had them capped off).

Since his moratorium, only one new drill site has been approved ( to BP the cause of the spill), and only 6 capped sites have been approved to re-open.

The latest projection of gas prices for July is over $5.00 a gallon! itís gone up $0.14 per gallon this week alone with Friday and Saturday still to go.

We canít produce energy here but Obama gave Brazil $2,000,000,000.00 (2 Billion) for deep well operation.

The known reserves of oil and natural gas here in the US will last 200 years, but we have to import our oil. Whatís wrong with this picture?

Opening up the oil and gas industry in the US will create an estimated 7,000,000 jobs and greatly help the economy. Wasnít there supposed laser like attention to jobs and the economy by this president?

At $5 per gallon it will cost an average of $85 per fill-up. Not to mention the increase in heating and cooling costs, food costs, clothing costs and everything else that has to shipped.

Enough is enough! Global warming is a farce, The last year we actually had global warming was 1995. Itís time for Washington to get real.

Steve

Hedgemaster
04-08-2011, 11:31 AM
Price at the pumps has risen 119% (more than double) since Obama has taken office.

After the BP spill, he stopped all drilling and even production from 50,000 working drill sites (he had them capped off).

Since his moratorium, only one new drill site has been approved ( to BP the cause of the spill), and only 6 capped sites have been approved to re-open.

The latest projection of gas prices for July is over $5.00 a gallon! itís gone up $0.14 per gallon this week alone with Friday and Saturday still to go.

We canít produce energy here but Obama gave Brazil $2,000,000,000.00 (2 Billion) for deep well operation.

The known reserves of oil and natural gas here in the US will last 200 years, but we have to import our oil. Whatís wrong with this picture?

Opening up the oil and gas industry in the US will create an estimated 7,000,000 jobs and greatly help the economy. Wasnít there supposed laser like attention to jobs and the economy by this president?

At $5 per gallon it will cost an average of $85 per fill-up. Not to mention the increase in heating and cooling costs, food costs, clothing costs and everything else that has to shipped.

Enough is enough! Global warming is a farce, The last year we actually had global warming was 1995. Itís time for Washington to get real.

Steve

That's why they changed the name to "climate change". Hard to argue that the climate isn't "changing". Look - it was cold yesterday and it's warm today - "climate change!" LOL!

tyler99
04-08-2011, 10:36 PM
I paid 3.89 10 minutes ago in Illinois.