PDA

View Full Version : Advice, and update

CHEESE2009
04-03-2011, 06:28 PM
Even if you hand out advertisements to your last season clients, be sure to call them afterwards.

I have called a few clients from last year who say they didn't receive a flyer this season. If I didn't call, they would have lost my contact info - I got the jobs back....

///////////////////

Calling your "bad" clients, good or bad idea?

Bad idea... Just being on the phone with them irritated me and made me regret calling them. The arguing on the price, the impossible demands... It all comes back and changes my mood. It's a mood you can't shake off, knowing you're tied to these type of people.

I cut out 12 clients from last year who I want nothing to do with. I'll give them the time of day only if they contact me. If I contact them and things turn out the same as last year, I'll be kicking myself all season.:mad:

There are two types of people I truly hate in this world, but I can't say it here!

///////////////////////////

I just got off the phone with the majority of last years clients, I already hate the sound of my own voice. I wish I had a machine to do all the talking for me............ I still have a sore throat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

//////////////////////////

One of my customers died, her son will be taking over the account with a price adjustment... He's got enough on his plate.

jklawncare
04-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Even if you hand out advertisements to your last season clients, be sure to call them afterwards.

I have called a few clients from last year who say they didn't receive a flyer this season. If I didn't call, they would have lost my contact info - I got the jobs back....

///////////////////

Bad idea... Just being on the phone with them irritated me and made me regret calling them. The arguing on the price, the impossible demands... It all comes back and changes my mood. It's a mood you can't shake off, knowing you're tied to these type of people.

I cut out 12 clients from last year who I want nothing to do with. I'll give them the time of day only if they contact me. If I contact them and things turn out the same as last year, I'll be kicking myself all season.:mad:

There are two types of people I truly hate in this world, but I can't say it here!

I just got off the phone with the majority of last years clients, I already hate the sound of my own voice. I wish I had a machine to do all the talking for me............ I still have a sore throat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

One of my customers died, her son will be taking over the account with a price adjustment... He's got enough on his plate.

Thats some good advice thanks alot
I would also advise staying away from your bad clients haha.. not worth the trouble in the end i suppose..there will always be someone to replace them.

Hedgemaster
04-03-2011, 08:58 PM
I took your advice.

I turned down a bad client before I even worked for them! :D

Went to do a bid on a rental property the other day.

Pros:
It was such a mess, there was nothing I could do to make it any worse.
Scalp the lawn? Nobody would notice. Butcher the trimming? Nobody would care.

Cons:
Hilly
Mushy
"Bumpy" (roots)
Difficult truck/trailer access on a narrow, dead-end "alley"
Very little chance of landing neighbors as clients, as it's a run-down area.
Owner Speaks broken English and lives somewhere out of state.

I could sense the "regret" before I even took the job.
"No thanks".

justin_time
04-03-2011, 10:23 PM

///////////////////

Yes, i'm from Ontario, and i'm inquiring about your grass cutting service. Please send me a quote. Thank you :) LOL

CHEESE2009
04-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Yes, i'm from Ontario, and i'm inquiring about your grass cutting service. Please send me a quote. Thank you :) LOL
////////////////////////////////////
Of course!

I work for Breaze Land Survance. Just fill out this form on this website with your credit card ready;

www.wescamyou.com/suckerspage

After you make you're $800.00 deposit, we will arrive at 2AM to do many good things for your home.

NOTE: Pay right now, and receive a $200 discount next year and a box of chocolate.

Just in case your payment doesn't go through (it happens) email me your credit card number.

- John Smith, Scam Department of Africa.
John@smith.com

:D

justin_time
04-05-2011, 11:58 AM
////////////////////////////////////
Of course!

I work for Breaze Land Survance. Just fill out this form on this website with your credit card ready;

www.wescamyou.com/suckerspage

After you make you're $800.00 deposit, we will arrive at 2AM to do many good things for your home.

NOTE: Pay right now, and receive a $200 discount next year and a box of chocolate.

Just in case your payment doesn't go through (it happens) email me your credit card number.

- John Smith, Scam Department of Africa.
John@smith.com

:D

That's it ?? Seems like your a lowballer.. HAHAHAHA

I'd like my free Ipod. Please ship to

John Doe c/o John Deere
Africa

LOL