PDA

View Full Version : Wildfire Safety, New Sales Pitch

devuono311
04-02-2011, 07:37 PM
As a Firefighter, I'm selling a new pitch, Its Called " Home Ignition Zone Safety" . I can come to your property and inspect it lettting you know what plants and yard features can protect you from brush fire/ wildfire dangers. Not Fire "proof" however, highly resistant. I just started this, and it seems to catch the eye of many people.

Hedgemaster
04-02-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm stealing your idea and improving upon it.

Also changing my name to "Moats R Us".

:D

devuono311
04-03-2011, 10:07 AM
LOL, nice.... I didnt think about the dragon safety aspect too!!! :D

Fisher
04-03-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm stealing your idea and improving upon it.

Also changing my name to "Moats R Us".

:D

How wide would my moat need to be to help ensure a flame won't jump over it? Suppose if I cut all trees within thirty feet or so of the moat that I could feel safe with just a five foot moat? About how much more would it cost to just convert the moat to a lazy river for the kids.

bruces
04-03-2011, 10:37 AM
your property value will increase once it becomes waterfront,along with the taxes of course .

Steve
04-03-2011, 11:53 AM
This sounds very interesting!

What kinds of things do you point out and explain in your presentation?

Also do you charge for this or is this to get your foot in the door to offer lawn care and landscape services?

devuono311
04-04-2011, 10:26 AM
I point out what types of vegitation they have that may hinder firefighting capabilities, whether they have a Low ignition point and burns easily, or hard to put out effectively.

I can offer it as an add on, Or another free service offer with service agreement of some sort.

Steve
04-04-2011, 11:10 AM
I point out what types of vegitation they have that may hinder firefighting capabilities, whether they have a Low ignition point and burns easily, or hard to put out effectively.

Are there any examples that you could point out to give us all some insights into this?