PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys include in your spring / fall cleanups.

tyler99
04-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Title pretty well sums it up, I was just wondering what you do in your spring / fall cleanups.

Hedgemaster
04-01-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm new at this, but I would think that the big three are removing leaves from beds and the lawn, picking up any downed branches, and removing/cutting any dead/woody material from plants in beds that are about to start to green up.

afpettijohns
04-02-2011, 02:42 AM
Maybe a newer post.

Everything is compact in my area and pretty much spring all year long. I've been thinking about this service and it seams cumbersome here. I would include it as an added feature of my premium service and basically it would be forgotten. I keep the landscapes in my service very clean all year and it would look good on a flyer.

As for spring and summer clean-ups in the areas that have seasons? I would suggest my stratagy for initial big cleanings. Jolt them with a huge price and suggest a one year contract for (above market value) 12 months. Or charge a little more for picking at that clean-up.

Example: Give the customer a $350 spring cleanup estimate, suggest that they sign up for what is normally a $30 mow for $45 a month for a year (contract) or you can pick at it, a little per service for $55.

This doesn't say to them BIG expense and keeps them from firing you in 3 months. If they opt for $55 then pick at it but show extra effort every stop. If they sign the 12 month contract, bust butt and fix up nice in the beginning and have a easy 12 month contract. They will see the quality of your work and you will have a customer for life.

Most I am talking to have had there gardeners for between 5 and 20 years. Keep the good ones. Loose the cheap ones.