PDA

View Full Version : Noob question...

tyler99
04-01-2011, 12:06 AM
When you include a blowing service, do you only blow the sidewalks /driveways, or do you blow the freshly cut grass?

USA Lawn Care
04-01-2011, 01:42 AM
shouldn't the blowing off be automatic? (vs "included").....
if you have grass clumping, yes, hit it with the blower (or double cut it). Otherwise, you just end up with clumps of dried grass next time you cut and it's just a mess.

Also....something I do that I see a lot of folks not doing. When I blow the grass off the sidewalk, I also make sure to blow the grass OUT of the sidewalk edge left by the trimmer. Not only does this give it a finished look, if you don't it will dry into strips, harden, and the next cut you will have to deal with it.

Hope this helps.

Steve
04-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Do you find there is a certain etiquette one should follow when blowing grass? What I mean by this is, I have seen crews blow grass from a clients curb area into a neighbors or sometimes clear across the street.

How aware must you be about where you are blowing the grass and are you concerned a neighbor is going to get mad, depending on what you do?

tyler99
04-01-2011, 11:44 AM
shouldn't the blowing off be automatic? (vs "included").....
if you have grass clumping, yes, hit it with the blower (or double cut it). Otherwise, you just end up with clumps of dried grass next time you cut and it's just a mess.

Also....something I do that I see a lot of folks not doing. When I blow the grass off the sidewalk, I also make sure to blow the grass OUT of the sidewalk edge left by the trimmer. Not only does this give it a finished look, if you don't it will dry into strips, harden, and the next cut you will have to deal with it.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I do believe it should be an automatic service, I worded that wrong.
& thx for the info, I just wasnt sure if you guys blow the FULL yard, and bag the grass at the end, which I would have seen taking hours.

USA Lawn Care
04-01-2011, 12:13 PM
my trick I used when just having to go over a yard that had high grass and left lines of grass, I would raise the mower deck up just a tiny bit so that it is no longer cutting any grass but that it is sucking up and destroying the lines of grass lying there. Cut it a different direction and it will all disappear. If you have a few clumps, get them now before they dry out or you will never get rid of them. BLAST it with the backpack blower and it will disappear.

As for etiquette, yes I believe there is a huge issue with where you blow your grass. Keep it in the yard you are mowing. Anywhere else is just bad service and the neighbors will notice if you blow all your crap over their way. It just makes you look like a lazy schmuck. Do it right!!