PDA

View Full Version : Flyer to get business flowing!

SpokaneSRC
03-31-2011, 10:36 PM
I thought about doing this for the first cut. This would get people acquainted with my service and possibly, hopefully turn them into a regular customer.
Any thoughts?

jymie
04-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Holy lowball Batman! ;)

tyler99
04-01-2011, 01:11 AM
I would say that you will definitely get business... but are you offering this for 5.00 each cut, or only for the first cut? If its for all season, come mow my yard :) haha.

I think you will loose money if you do 5.00/cut for the full season as gas, car and mower maintenance. Now, if you offered this as a 5.00 first time cut, or even make it so they only get the special if they contract in for atleast a month maybe?

But either way, no doubt you'll attract business.

Best of luck!

Hedgemaster
04-01-2011, 01:58 AM
I would say that you will definitely get business... but are you offering this for 5.00 each cut, or only for the first cut? If its for all season, come mow my yard :) haha.

I think you will loose money if you do 5.00/cut for the full season as gas, car and mower maintenance. Now, if you offered this as a 5.00 first time cut, or even make it so they only get the special if they contract in for atleast a month maybe?

But either way, no doubt you'll attract business.

Best of luck!

Read the OP again. ;)

You'd damned well better add a disclaimer on there, or people WILL demand you cut all season for $5.

Have fun letting everyone down that missed the cutoff! :p

tyler99
04-01-2011, 02:05 AM
Read the OP again. ;)

Oops, idk how I missed that lol. But, now that I still think... i dont think he had that listed in the ad. Its past my bedtime, im probabaly wrong lol.

SpokaneSRC
04-01-2011, 10:02 AM
I was thinking about putting it out as a flyer. Not an ad on craigslist. That way I can target a specific area. And yeah it would only be the first cut and then it would be the regular price based on their yard.
Thanks for the feedback.
Not sure if I'm going to do it or not, just getting some thoughts.
Thanks guys.

Paineless Creations
04-01-2011, 10:11 AM
I was thinking about putting it out as a flyer. Not an ad on craigslist. That way I can target a specific area. And yeah it would only be the first cut and then it would be the regular price based on their yard.
Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks guys.

Hey i just noticed your name, Are you in Spokane Wa. I am down in the Tri-cities just south of you. This is the first time I have seen anybody close to me on here. VERY COOL

SpokaneSRC
04-01-2011, 10:18 AM
Yeah, Up here in Spokane, WA. Getting tired of the clouds and rain.
Cool.

Steve
04-01-2011, 10:37 AM
It definitely has a great attention getting headline!

Who knows, maybe such a marketing campaign would really help you fill up your schedule fast.

If you were to do this, you might want to think about some other upsell or special to get all those customers who call you and miss the $5 special to become weekly customers as well.

Keep us posted on how this goes.

tyler99
04-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
Thanks guys.

I would definitely try it. I bet you will get a way higher % of return calls, and as long as you perform your best work, I would be willing to bet that at least a couple of them will sign a season contract as well as you may attract their neighbors that ignored the flyer, since they will see you at all of their neighbors houses.