PDA

View Full Version : Worked my first Customer Today

Ducke
03-31-2011, 08:06 PM
Well I got my first Customer:)
Its not much just a Spring Clean up but its my first paying Job
Its my neighbor across the road a nice size corner lot right on a school route so lots of traffic.
I gave him a really good price but I think it was worth it I gave out about a dozen cards to people driving their kids to school.
It was a very nice day here today 10C but alas it is not going to last we are forecast for Rain and Snow for tomorrow.
there is some other good news it the BIG Ideal Home Show here this weekend. So I hope this will get people in the mood for lawn work. No I don't have a booth this year its way to expensive for my blood but I am thinking of going splits with a tree trimming company and a Home Inspector I know next year.

Graham

jymie
04-01-2011, 04:42 AM
Well I am fresh off working our local Home & Garden show this past weekend. I had some good conversation with allot of people. The show lasted 4 days, I gave out about 125 business cards to people that seemed very interested in what we had to offer. The show cost me $595 for the weekend and I have to say that it was very good for me. Everyone there was looking for spring something or other. I figured that if I got just two customers out of it, I would get back what I paid to be in the show. So far this week I have gotten 6 calls for estimates on various jobs. I fully expect that there will be more calls coming as the month rolls on.

Heres some pictures of some of the displays from the show.

Ducke
04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
Well I am fresh off working our local Home & Garden show this past weekend. I had some good conversation with allot of people. The show lasted 4 days, I gave out about 125 business cards to people that seemed very interested in what we had to offer. The show cost me $595 for the weekend and I have to say that it was very good for me. Everyone there was looking for spring something or other. I figured that if I got just two customers out of it, I would get back what I paid to be in the show. So far this week I have gotten 6 calls for estimates on various jobs. I fully expect that there will be more calls coming as the month rolls on.

Heres some pictures of some of the displays from the show.

Nice set up
A booth here approx 12 by 12 is $500.00-600.00 :eek: depending were it is on the floor.

Steve
04-01-2011, 11:12 AM
So I hope this will get people in the mood for lawn work. No I don't have a booth this year its way to expensive for my blood but I am thinking of going splits with a tree trimming company and a Home Inspector I know next year.

Can you get there early and park in the front parking section with some business card dispensers and signs on your truck to promote your business?

Well I am fresh off working our local Home & Garden show this past weekend. I had some good conversation with allot of people.

Now that you have been through this experience, what would you do differently next year with your booth and your sales presentation there? Would you do it again?

jymie
04-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Can you get there early and park in the front parking section with some business card dispensers and signs on your truck to promote your business?

Now that you have been through this experience, what would you do differently next year with your booth and your sales presentation there? Would you do it again?

They made all the vendors park at the far end of the building so that the customers had the best parking. I was unable to use my new window business card holders becuase of that. Oh well, I can use them on sites and at the grocery store.

Now that I see the other booths, next year when I do this again, I plan to have some items of some kind to sell at the show. Maybe some lawn decorations or something. I will plan to have more professional signage for the show.

I took a picture of my booth on the first day, then after I did some upgrades for it's appearance. I definately went the cheap route. My booth was 10 x 10 so I could not setup a putt putt in the area like I wanted to. The first pic was before my haircut and beard trim lol. This was taken on preview night the wednesday before the show actually started.

Steve
04-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Do you think your booth set up at all effected the amount of people you talked to or potential sales you made? Do you think others did better or worse or could you not tell?

What elements really stood out to you about the other booths that you really liked?