PDA

View Full Version : Showing off, it's what I do best!

afpettijohns
03-30-2011, 12:59 PM
I just landed a beautiful machine yesterday. An Echo PB-770H Blower. It is a monster the engine has so much torch that it kinda pulls you and will take some getting used to. My now back up blower was a Troy Bilt tb4bp. This echo is going to save me so much time with a couple accounts I have and house will be knocked down if I'm not careful. lol

I will never buy another piece of equipment without a 2 year commercial warranty. As long as your good with maintenance, and I am, it should serve my business at least 2 years. That is very comforting. Now I just need a couple mowers and I am golden for the basics.

Hedgemaster
03-30-2011, 03:07 PM
That's not "showing off", that's copy/pasting an image from the interwebs!

:D

Congrats on the new equipment. I need one of those too.

Hedgemaster
03-30-2011, 08:42 PM
I forgot to ask...

I noticed the one you got has the "hip mounted" throttle. Did you get to try out the "tube mounted" throttle model too before deciding?
I honestly didn't know there were different types until I looked at the Echo site after your post.

I wonder what the pros and cons are of each type...

Steve
03-31-2011, 10:58 AM
Very nice! What made you go with that model?

afpettijohns
03-31-2011, 12:50 PM
That's not "showing off", that's copy/pasting an image from the interwebs!

:D

Congrats on the new equipment. I need one of those too.

Forgot how to use my camera. lol Thanks, I've had a chance to use it, WOW that thing could knock over grandma!

afpettijohns
03-31-2011, 12:53 PM
I forgot to ask...

I noticed the one you got has the "hip mounted" throttle. Did you get to try out the "tube mounted" throttle model too before deciding?
I honestly didn't know there were different types until I looked at the Echo site after your post.

I wonder what the pros and cons are of each type...

Looking at in now myself. My consumer Troybilt was a tube mounted. It was nice because you could just throw one arm in it and go. This one kinda requires you to strap it on properly. I suspect just slinging one arm wouldn't be good for your back, considering the weight. You would want to strap it on properly.

afpettijohns
03-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Very nice! What made you go with that model?

It was power, I got it for $449 about $50 off the MSRP and it was only about $50 more than the 660. It really does have a massive power boost at above top hurricane speeds. I'm all kinds of happy about it.

Steve
04-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Let us know, as you use it, how it effects your jobs and job times.

afpettijohns
04-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Let us know, as you use it, how it effects your jobs and job times.

I got into maintenance quick and fast and been running like a jack rabbit to catch up to my business. Started on January 12th this year I now have 28 clients and a long way to go for the office and advertising. Money needs to be spent but I don't like to spend it.

As for times i can't say yet, that is another work in progress to bid better and have a process in place to define that. I will keep everyone updated. As for the blower, I can tell you from my 450 cfm to the 770 is a huge time saver. I would guess better than twice as fast.

TLC131
04-15-2011, 10:26 AM
I had a stupid sears craftsman backpack blower b4 my pb-770, and wow that was like night and day 100X better. I love using that blower, I couldnt wait for the leaves to fall last autumn. Great choice of blower, I would pick that one again, but that will be awhile for me :)