PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Spraying License?

premierl&l
03-30-2011, 12:43 AM
I know you have to have a license to spray chemicals on a lawn, but my question is do you have to get a license to spray Organic spray? it contains no chemicals so i wouldnt think you would need one but i dont know.

Steve
03-31-2011, 11:09 AM
This has come up in the past on here and it seems, ultimately it can't hurt to look into this with your state.

In the past, I would have agreed that since it is organic, you shouldn't need a license but as we have seen, over time, the government and make everything a requirement to get a license.

You might want to contact the site below and ask them a few questions on this to be sure.

TN Dept. of Agriculture: http://state.tn.us/agriculture/

Let us know how it turns out!

premierl&l
03-31-2011, 11:43 AM
Ok thanks steve i will check it out and let you know. I have asked the county and state i live in and they cant answer the question, but i havent checked with the dept of ag.

awardlandscapingllc
03-31-2011, 12:31 PM
I just spoke with the MN department of agriculture yesterday. They told me as long as there is no pestcides, herbacides, in the mixture that I would not need a liscense. But instead I would need to purchase a Fertilazation Certification. Not sure how much it cost due to a discrepencey when I tried to purchase it so I have to call them back again and have them help me.