PDA

View Full Version : advice on advertising

premierl&l
03-29-2011, 11:39 PM
I have seen businesses spend alot of money in advertising and i dont as of right now. i usually go door to door alot in my area and post flyers at local business. any suggestions on advertising that doesnt cost must?

Simpkins
03-30-2011, 12:25 AM
I have seen businesses spend alot of money in advertising and i dont as of right now. i usually go door to door alot in my area and post flyers at local business. any suggestions on advertising that doesnt cost must?

You might find this (http://www.jdsimpkins.com/marketing-your-lawn-care-business.html) helpful. I cover some free to low cost marketing ideas. Hope it helps!

Steve
03-31-2011, 10:14 AM

The big key when you don't have much money to market your lawn care business is to utilize your time.

Have you been marketing trough your social network? Do all your friends, family and neighbors know you are in business? Do they have extra business cards to hand out for you?

Have you ever thought about doing any goodwill projects in your area to clean up a section of town and let the newspaper know about it to get some media attention? What about helping an elderly member of your community?

Beyond that, going door to door and talking to people when they are home can be very effective. Especially when you can see a problem on their property you could resolve.