PDA

View Full Version : Marketing the back of a business card

justin_time
03-29-2011, 10:50 PM
I have this idea of putting a referral program of some sort on the back of my business card from Vistaprint but i don't like their referral template. I'd love to make my own and give a percentage off or a discount off the current and new customers.

Any ideas ??

CHEESE2009
03-29-2011, 10:58 PM
I thought of something neat.

You could put a few details on the back of your card, with a link to your website.

On your website you can have a form like this;

YOU
NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
PHONE

FRIEND
NAME
ADDRESS
PHONE

x-Submit-x button

///////////////

Now you will have a note of who to expect, if they do contact you - bingo!

//////////////////////////

What to put on the card though.... HMMMM!:confused:

justin_time
03-29-2011, 11:00 PM
I thought of something neat.

You could put a few details on the back of your card, with a link to your website.

On your website you can have a form like this;

YOU
NAME
YOUR ADDRESS
PHONE

FRIEND
NAME
ADDRESS
PHONE

x-Submit-x button

///////////////

Now you will have a note of who to expect, if they do contact you - bingo!

//////////////////////////

What to put on the card though.... HMMMM!:confused:

What happens if i get a 70 year old lady that doesn't know what a computer or internet is ??? Then maybe get a paper form i guess ??

CHEESE2009
03-29-2011, 11:08 PM
What happens if i get a 70 year old lady that doesn't know what a computer or internet is ??? Then maybe get a paper form i guess ??

Then she'll ask her grandson, AND HE WILL HIRE YOU TOO!!! :D :D

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5204104/its-science-bro.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=brofessor-science

justin_time
03-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Then she'll ask her grandson, AND HE WILL HIRE YOU TOO!!! :D :D

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/5204104/its-science-bro.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=brofessor-science

http://jitys.ca/referral.php

I'm going to have to find a code to redirect it, i'd love to have just jitys.ca/referral as link on the back of my card but those are little programming tweaks i can do

justin_time
03-30-2011, 05:23 PM
Here's what I came up with.

I've decided to give a free cut for a referral and a maximum of 1 per month so it gives basically a maximum of 5 free cuts for the whole season

jymie
03-30-2011, 09:05 PM
I saw your form and a quick question, it reads as follows:
===========
To participate in the Online Referral Program, simply fill out the information below and click on SUBMIT. The program information will be emailed to the person you refer, and a Just in Time Yard Services representative will contact them within 48 hours. When they sign up to become a Just in Time Yard Services customer, they will receive %10 off your invoice, and you will be notified regarding your additional discount.
===========

should this read:

you will receive 10% off your invoice

Also, how does that emailmeform.com service work for you as far as getting information to you?

justin_time
03-31-2011, 09:41 AM
I saw your form and a quick question, it reads as follows:
===========
To participate in the Online Referral Program, simply fill out the information below and click on SUBMIT. The program information will be emailed to the person you refer, and a Just in Time Yard Services representative will contact them within 48 hours. When they sign up to become a Just in Time Yard Services customer, they will receive %10 off your invoice, and you will be notified regarding your additional discount.
===========

should this read:

you will receive 10% off your invoice

Also, how does that emailmeform.com service work for you as far as getting information to you?

Yeah I have to change it because it's now 1 free cut per month

Email me form works great, if you don't have the captcha word at the bottom, you can really get spam and it works great. It just sends me an e-mail with the filled out form. No complaints with that service

Steve
03-31-2011, 11:00 AM
Yeah I have to change it because it's now 1 free cut per month

Justin, I got a little confused on the referral inducement. Can you explain to me how this is going to work?

Is that 1 free cut per month for who and how many months in a row will they get this free cut?

justin_time
03-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Justin, I got a little confused on the referral inducement. Can you explain to me how this is going to work?

Is that 1 free cut per month for who and how many months in a row will they get this free cut?

Well since my season is only 5 months, i'd figured I'd give 1 free cut maximum per month per referral. I will also set it up they can't have 1 free cut 1 at the end of the month nor at the start of the other month, they must have at least 1 month apart from each other.

For example

Customer wants his free cut May 15, then next available free cut would be June 15 (or whenever the closest date of my schedule will be able to be free)

I hope this explains it lol

Steve
04-01-2011, 09:03 AM
I look forwards to hearing how this works out. Keep us posted.