PDA

View Full Version : newbie checking out the forum

Rowe Lawns
03-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Just stopping in to say HELLO... I'll be making some stops in the forum to see what everyone is up to.

Steve
03-29-2011, 01:32 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

Rowe Lawns
03-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What got you interested in starting your own lawn care business?

First I started out in the audio engineering field & got caught up working indoors day & night. When the work slowed down, I got into organic gardening & used my engineering background to harvest rain water for my mini farm, solar heat to warm parts of my house in the winter, a green house garage to grow veggies during the winter & some other projects. My neighbor across the street from me had some lawn equipment but didn't have a business. I naturally know how to put things together & make them work, so I laid out a business plan & figured we can make an additional income doing the things we like to do. Know i'm looking at other aspects of GREEN businesses to branch out into other areas.

Steve
03-31-2011, 11:31 AM
Oh that sounds fantastic! Do you have any pictures of your garden the way you had it set up? I'd love to see it.

I think the solar heating and electricity creation is very exciting, have you thought about expanding to offer more services in that field or are there other things you would find more interesting yourself?

Rowe Lawns
04-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Here is the greenhouse in the garage with the door open. There is a plastic cover that goes over the front & the garage door has a glass window.

As far as solar heat & electricity goes, i'm experimenting & try different things to find a direction I want to take it. Hey I might design a solar lawnmower that has the power of a gas mower..lol. Its all about going green.

http://www.rowelawn.com/images/garagegarden1.jpg

jymie
04-01-2011, 09:07 PM
http://www.husqvarna.com/us/homeowner/products/robotic-mowers/automower-solar-hybrid/?dealer=USF89271

Looks like there is one on the market already....

Steve
04-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Great job with all of that.

You never know when something will take off so keep experimenting.