PDA

View Full Version : US WAR Veteran Starting new business around Zephyrhills Florida

lostinthesauce83@gmail.co
03-28-2011, 03:47 PM
This year i changed my college degree from Mechanical engineering to Business Administration. I realized that i really do want to work for anyone but my self. So this year I am taking my three years as assistant superintendent on a golf course and I am going to start my own Lawn care business. I am also gonna try and jump on this organic lawn care bandwagon. But instead of using commercialized products I am going to do it like they did back in the old days. Compost/organic material. And protein based fertilizer which I can buy cheap at local feed stores.

Steve
03-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Welcome to our forum!

That sounds like a great plan!

What are you going to be doing now to promote this?

lostinthesauce83@gmail.co
03-29-2011, 02:55 PM
To start with I am going to make door hangers or fliers and beat some feet.

Steve
03-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Will you be including in your marketing that you are a veteran? Did you consider including that somehow in your business name?

Do you think that might help you connect with potential customers to get them to want to sign up with you over a competitor?

cruzgardening
04-02-2011, 01:07 AM
This year i changed my college degree from Mechanical engineering to Business Administration. I realized that i really do want to work for anyone but my self. So this year I am taking my three years as assistant superintendent on a golf course and I am going to start my own Lawn care business. I am also gonna try and jump on this organic lawn care bandwagon. But instead of using commercialized products I am going to do it like they did back in the old days. Compost/organic material. And protein based fertilizer which I can buy cheap at local feed stores.

welcome and I hope you keep the organic banwagon long after it is no longer popular, this will make your business different once the other lawn care companies ditch it.