PDA

View Full Version : Lawn mowers

ataboyj
03-28-2011, 03:01 PM
look at a couple of lawn mowers there all 36 inches. I was wondering what you guys thought about it them and which would one you think is the best??
Gravely 36" pro-walk series
Exmark metro 36"
Scag belt drive walk behind
John Deere WG36a
There all around the same price, i just got to firgure out which one would be the best???

Steve
03-29-2011, 11:55 AM
Do you have a dealer that is local that can service those mowers?

ataboyj
03-29-2011, 01:59 PM
Yea those are lawn mowers that I have dealers near by, so any of those I can have worked on.

slcllc
03-29-2011, 04:32 PM
I have an eXmark Metro 36" and it cut's real good. I like it, but they're not the greatest design. It was my first big mower that I bought, and I got it for $300 before putting in another $350 to get it running like new. It doesn't quite fit in some residential gates, but others it fits fine. I also have a 32" ZT that I like a whole lot because it fits through every gate every time. If you're just looking for a mower for the backyard, I would actually go with something like a 32" Gravely ZT. I wouldn't go with the John Deere, but the other three should be fine mowers.

wandfsmall
03-29-2011, 07:02 PM
look at a couple of lawn mowers there all 36 inches. I was wondering what you guys thought about it them and which would one you think is the best??
Gravely 36" pro-walk series
Exmark metro 36"
Scag belt drive walk behind
John Deere WG36a
There all around the same price, i just got to firgure out which one would be the best???

how much you like a mower can be dependent on how good your dealer is at setting them up. Since we can not go on how good your dealer is how about you let us know what engines are on those units so we can at least judge the likely lifespan on them.

ataboyj
03-31-2011, 08:38 PM
siclic, why do you say not the John Deere, I would say am lean that way because the dealer seems easier to deal with. but still on sure!
Wandfsmall- the engines
exmark metro- has a 16hp kawasaki v-twin engine
Gravely- 16 hp kawasaki engine
Scag- am not sure?
John Deere- 16hp kawaskai engine

wandfsmall
04-01-2011, 09:31 PM
siclic, why do you say not the John Deere, I would say am lean that way because the dealer seems easier to deal with. but still on sure!
Wandfsmall- the engines
exmark metro- has a 16hp kawasaki v-twin engine
Gravely- 16 hp kawasaki engine
Scag- am not sure?
John Deere- 16hp kawaskai engine

most likely he has found a deere dealer that did not care about lawn and garden and dislikes deere for that reason. Equipment is only as good as the setup and service. I would put a lot of weight to the best dealer so look around at all of them.