PDA

View Full Version : shrub warranty

whlineman
03-26-2011, 10:11 PM
what would be a general rule of thumb for warranty for shrubs like vibernums after installation? I have seen up to year..Any info would be great....got about 200' to install...I am in florida..hope to be installing within next two weeks...

950thomas
03-26-2011, 10:16 PM
I give one year warranty if irrigated

Steve
03-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Will you be maintaining the property throughout the year or is this a one time job?

picframer
03-27-2011, 11:44 AM
I get two years from my supplier on all shrubs and trees, we pass that onto clients, plus free labor if we have to replace within a year and 50% the second year. Catch is I sell a maintenance agreement in that we will inspect the shrubs three times a season, this way I know is the client is following the care sheet we leave with them, if not, no warranty.

Steve
03-28-2011, 09:10 AM
Andy,

Is there a good way to package that concept to sell to a client? Do they ask what is involved?

Is it simply driving by and seeing that the shrubs are still alive or is there more to it? Also, what if you find they need to be watered, do you do that right then and there or do you make mention of this to the client?

picframer
03-28-2011, 06:42 PM
Andy,

Is there a good way to package that concept to sell to a client? Do they ask what is involved?

Is it simply driving by and seeing that the shrubs are still alive or is there more to it? Also, what if you find they need to be watered, do you do that right then and there or do you make mention of this to the client?

It's a good way to continue to build the relationship and show that we care, generally we just make sure there are no insects and that the shrub looks healthy, look around for other things we could do for the client. It's all written out in our proposal.