PDA

View Full Version : To change the Business name or not?

Snowman
03-26-2011, 02:46 PM
I have a dilema going that i can use some input on please. I have been plowing snow for 3 years with the name Snowman Snowplowing and have a good business going. Last year a client wanted to know if i cut grass and did yardwork. Not wanting to miss an opportunity for some extra cash i agreed to raking and mowing her yard all season. I also got 3 other mowing accounts...not much but a start.
Now i have decided to make a go of it in lawn care also for the summer months (what there is of them here) and now they read " Snowman Snowplowing and Lawn Maintenance" to my business cards.
Should i make up different cards with lawn maintenance first and snowplowing second for the summer months.
Leave them the way they are.
Scrap them, my Snowman Snowplowing and all the advertisement and familiarity for the people in the area to me and come up with an entirely new business name?
Sorry for the windiness....thanks, Snowman :eek:

shadrach
03-26-2011, 03:05 PM
If you have good recognition from the name keep it - it is much easier to add services as an existing company than start over with a name change.
You are just going to market differently for different seasons.
Maybe a flyer with a logo of a snowman pushing a lawnmower that you send to all of your existing plow customers?

Snowman
03-26-2011, 03:44 PM
If you have good recognition from the name keep it - it is much easier to add services as an existing company than start over with a name change.
You are just going to market differently for different seasons.
Maybe a flyer with a logo of a snowman pushing a lawnmower that you send to all of your existing plow customers?

I do have good recognition and my clients have been super about giving me leads.
Funny you mention the Snowman pushing the lawn mower.....that was something i was thinking of also.
Thank you for your input sir...i appreciate it! Please vote on my poll i put up also.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
03-26-2011, 04:08 PM
I don't know much about the snow plow industry... But could you go with Snowman Yard Maintenance. Would cover everything including snowplow work unless I'm mistaken.

Like the snowman pushing a lawn mower. Should make a video of a snowman pushing a mower and then melting with the snow around him and end with a guy pushing one.

Maybe sounds funnier in my head then what I just stated.

Good luck with whatever your decision...

Snowman
03-26-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't know much about the snow plow industry... But could you go with Snowman Yard Maintenance. Would cover everything including snowplow work unless I'm mistaken.

Like the snowman pushing a lawn mower. Should make a video of a snowman pushing a mower and then melting with the snow around him and end with a guy pushing one.

Two great ideas! Thanks for your input!

Steve
03-27-2011, 08:47 AM
You could have an amazing looking logo too. Maybe with a snowman riding a lawn mower or pushing one.

Hedgemaster
03-27-2011, 10:01 AM
"From Snowman to mowman and back again - we've got you covered for all seasons!"

shadrach
03-27-2011, 10:08 AM
"From Snowman to mowman and back again - we've got you covered for all seasons!"

nicely done

MountainViewGreenskeeper
03-27-2011, 11:31 PM

Wow thats catchy

Snowman
04-02-2011, 09:18 AM
Hi gang....Just a reminder if you haven't chimed in on changing the business name there's still time. Thanks to all who have added their thoughts too. There are some great ideas that i am pursuing! Please vote and comment on why you voted that way so we can all learn something new from it. Remember, every day is a school day......no matter who you are or what you do. :D Snowman

Steve
04-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Which way are you leaning towards now? Whats your marketing plan of attack as you go into spring?