PDA

View Full Version : Questions about condo complex contract

TLC131
03-26-2011, 09:17 AM
Hey, I'm new. I just joined yesterday due to my girlfriends suggestion, and this website has been useful. It's cool to see a website like this.

I got a call yesterday about giving a condo complex a bid for lawn maintenance, aeration, snow plowing, and they mentioned mulching.

I have always just done residential lawn and was waiting for an opportunity like this. My company currently consists of just me and occasionally a helper. This contract would double the size of my business easily. I am 19.

I am looking for any advice or templates that would fit such a contract. I'm also not sure of what I should do about mulch, seeing that some beds look fine. The complex includes 20 building, 90 driveways, and a lot of trimming.

Steve
03-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Welcome to our forum!

You should be able to find lawn care contracts (http://www.gopherforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34) here.

However did they give you anything like a bid package? To tell you exactly what they want?

Do you know all the exact services they want?

Can you list them and break them down as to how long you feel each will take you?

TLC131
04-14-2011, 10:55 AM
It's kinda funny, I get all stressed out about this contract and when the meeting comes, it's two grandmas in sweat pants moving blankets so we don't get cat hair on us. LOL

The association was just getting a head start on getting bids, saying that others would sometimes take months to get them in. I did it in less than a week. They are in a contract till November. So now I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

The snowplowing would be the first service I would provide if they signed. The estimate was for $19,200 which is almost twice what I made last winter, this would be a great opportunity. I wonder if there is anyone else out there who was given an opportunity like this, and their business was greatly propelled by it?

Steve
04-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Congratulations on presenting the bid.

Sure there are many companies that land such bids and it launches them into a higher level.

As you reflect back on the bid process, would you have done anything differently?

Did you ask if you could see a copy of the previous year's winning bid. That would certainly be a great learning experience.