PDA

View Full Version : Well, I think it's tight!

afpettijohns
03-25-2011, 06:37 PM
What does every one else think? If you want the Full size 300dpi jpg version or the psd with layers so you can change text in photo shop just email me at aleister@afpettijohns.com and I will send it.:rolleyes:

I can't seam to upload it. Steve, it's worth seeing and you can have it if you want me to e-mail it I will.

Steve
03-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Can you try at first uploading a smaller preview image so others can see it?

afpettijohns
03-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Okay, the new flyer I am so proud of is at http://www.afpettijohns.com/testing/flyer002.html.

I appreciate all the help I get here and want to give back so ask if anyone needs anything, please ask.

What does every one else think? If you want the Full size 300dpi jpg version or the psd with layers so you can change text in photo shop just email me at aleister@afpettijohns.com and I will send it.:rolleyes:

I can't seam to upload it. Steve, it's worth seeing and you can have it if you want me to e-mail it I will.

Trying upload smaller version too, hope that works. Think it did!

Steve
03-27-2011, 09:34 AM
Oh that is very nice! Did you design that yourself or did you hire someone to do it? It looks very professional!

Can you give us a little background on what you were thinking as you were having these put together?

Why do you feel you went with such design elements?

afpettijohns
03-27-2011, 05:30 PM
I've been a computer geek for many years and yes all my own design. It would have cost me about $500 to get someone to design such a piece like that. If anyones interested and not in my area, I would modify it for them for a small fee.

Okay, I need to review the artwork while writing. I haven't printed yet, wanted to maul it over for a few days first.

Starting with the couple. I wanted to show something personal that would scream, "Just Relax and Let Us Do The Hard Work". I think that couple on the nice green grass does just that. Why work when you can love?

The insured sign is obvious, I have since enhanced the lettering to look like it is etched into the steel.

The Hands Logo are for branding and I moved it to the back page. I want customers to see my bill board (soon to come) on my trailer and when they get that flyer they will say, "I've seen them, old friends". When they go to my site or pick up my business card they will see that same branding.

Many of my wording came straight from ideas I got from gopherforum, thank you so much. This forum is a godsend and I try to put my two cents in every day.

The back was about all those people that won't bother or can't reach my website. It was like putting my site in print form. Actually my site, http://www.afpettijohns.com is about to be modified to reflect that flyer rather than the other way around.

I also added the very bottom of the fronts lettering and phone number to the back of the flyer.

After designing it, I will upload it to Vista Prints that will charge me about $16 for 25 copies, front full color and back greyscale. That way I can make a final approval for the order of 500 I plan on placing.

I'm pretty long winded huh? lol Glad to be here!
Thanks Again, Aleister

Oh that is very nice! Did you design that yourself or did you hire someone to do it? It looks very professional!

Can you give us a little background on what you were thinking as you were having these put together?

Why do you feel you went with such design elements?

Steve
03-28-2011, 09:25 AM
I think one of the most important elements about a flyer is the headline.

The one you made that says Free lawn Care, really stands out and makes me want to read more.

It will be very neat to see how these flyers work.

How are you going to distribute them?

SpokaneSRC
03-28-2011, 12:33 PM
Nice. That headline "free lawn care" will catch a lot of attention. I think the "insured for your protection" on the blue one, would look better as just text.

afpettijohns
03-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Nice. That headline "free lawn care" will catch a lot of attention. I think the "insured for your protection" on the blue one, would look better as just text.

I wanted the Insured sign to give the impression of security i.e. Bolted down steel and secure. Thought was put into every aspect but thanks for the suggestion. Where would you put it if it where in text?

SpokaneSRC
03-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Either at the top under your business name or at the bottom by your phone number. I just think that graphic and the other inset graphic kind of clutter the look.

afpettijohns
03-29-2011, 10:28 PM
Either at the top under your business name or at the bottom by your phone number. I just think that graphic and the other inset graphic kind of clutter the look.

I really tried not to clutter the flyer and make everything a distraction from my main message. In my area there is so much immigrant labor that works for pennies and doesn't have insurance or pay taxes, it really brings the market down. I really wanted that to stand out for those reasons. Do you have a suggestion that would allow me to have this message stand out without the sign?

Steve
03-31-2011, 10:55 AM
I am guessing you are licensed and insured, where they are not. So you could also make a flyer that warns home owners of the downside to hiring uninsured laborers.

Maybe explain that the homeowner could be sued even if the worker is injured on their property. If you can scare them from using uninsured labor, then you could present yourself as a viable option, since you are insured.