PDA

View Full Version : My new toy!

wellbiz
03-23-2011, 03:05 PM
Just picked this up the beginning of the week. Can wait for the grass to grow to break her in.

Only downfall is I can't fit both this and my Ferris 36 WB on my 5x10 trailer.:mad: So looks like I have to upgrade to a 6x12

If anyone is in southeast michigan and needs a trailer. I have one for a good price.

jymie
03-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Just picked this up the beginning of the week. Can wait for the grass to grow to break her in.

Only downfall is I can't fit both this and my Ferris 36 WB on my 5x10 trailer.:mad: So looks like I have to upgrade to a 6x12

If anyone is in southeast michigan and needs a trailer. I have one for a good price.

Can you put them on the trailer at an angle? Maybe they will fit better that way?

wellbiz
03-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Can you put them on the trailer at an angle? Maybe they will fit better that way?

I have tried just about every combo possible. Everytime I come up about 5-6 inches too long. (that didnt sound to good). If the trailer was 6 ft wide it would be no issue, but being only 5ft is the issue. The s75x is a 52inch cut so it barely fits as is. I even tried to put the 36 sideways, but no go...

Oh well I do a lot of landscaping work and the bigger trailer would really help anyways.

Thanks for the tip!

Jay

jymie
03-23-2011, 04:05 PM
I have tried just about every combo possible. Everytime I come up about 5-6 inches too long. (that didnt sound to good). If the trailer was 6 ft wide it would be no issue, but being only 5ft is the issue. The s75x is a 52inch cut so it barely fits as is. I even tried to put the 36 sideways, but no go...

Oh well I do a lot of landscaping work and the bigger trailer would really help anyways.

Thanks for the tip!

Jay

have you tried to put them on with the handles facing the front of the trailer so they hang towards your truck, that might be a better fit?

wellbiz
03-23-2011, 04:30 PM
have you tried to put them on with the handles facing the front of the trailer so they hang towards your truck, that might be a better fit?

That was acutally the first thing I tried. My Ferris Wb is about 2 inches over 5ft from the front caster wheels to the back of the unit (not including handle bars) and thus wont fit sideways either. The S75x is about 65 inches long and 52 inches wide. I knew It would be a possible issue when I bought the new machine. So I am not upset, I was going to buy a gravely 48inch stander, but I could not pass up the price on the snapper pro. The stander would have fit, the s75x wont. Having to sell my trailer and buy a 6x12 is not too big of an issue considering I got the S75x for under $5K and I have been eyeing a bigger trailer anyway. I appreciate the help.

Jay

jymie
03-23-2011, 05:04 PM
To bad there is just no way to extend the trailer you have. Maybe you can keep it to haul mulch.

wellbiz
03-23-2011, 06:47 PM
To bad there is just no way to extend the trailer you have. Maybe you can keep it to haul mulch.

Not my trailer any more...:eek: I posted it on craigslist a few hours ago and someone starting in the biz already showed up and bought it. Crazy!!!

Thanks for your suggestions. It was a great trailer and I hope to get my new one in a week.

Jay.

jymie
03-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Good for you, that was quick!

Hedgemaster
03-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Ummm... what IS it?
You posted more info about your other mower and your trailer! LOL!

Sure looks purty though. :)

jklawncare
03-23-2011, 09:14 PM
I agree with hedgemaster
it looks really cool
does it cut nice? do you like it?

it looks like a stand on but with a dirtbike seat of some sort..
dosnt look comfortable if you decided to stand and you hit a bump..then..well im sure youd get the picture...

looks cool but seems uncomfortable to ride either way..could i see a pic of the back?

wellbiz
03-24-2011, 06:57 AM
I agree with hedgemaster
it looks really cool
does it cut nice? do you like it?

it looks like a stand on but with a dirtbike seat of some sort..
dosnt look comfortable if you decided to stand and you hit a bump..then..well im sure youd get the picture...

looks cool but seems uncomfortable to ride either way..could i see a pic of the back?

Sorry guys... It is a 2011 Snapper Pro S75X with a 52 inch cut. 22hp Kaw. It is basically the same as a Ferris Evolution. It is basically a hybrid between a stander and a ZTR. It has the ground/cutting speed of a ZTR with the lower weight and better manuverablity of a stander. I have alot of smaller lots where a full on ZTR would not fit and may cause some heartburn with my clients. This is only 65inches long which is about a foot shorter then most ZTRs on the market.

So far it is very comfortable. It has a suspension seat and it is not designed to stand up on. It is just like riding a quad and feels very comfortable to drive. You sit up a little higher so you have great visablity.

As far as cut, it has the ICD deck system that both Ferris and Snapper Pro use. I have talked to alot of people and they all say it will produce a lot better cut then I am used to with my fixed deck WB.

JK, I will try to grab another pic. You can also check out the Ferris and Snapper Pro web sites as they both have some videos of the mower in action and better pics.

It is one of those mowers that people either love or hate. Based on my purchase you can guess what my feelings are.:D

I really though about a ZTR hard, but the bigger size, price tag and such was the deciding factor.

I will let you guys know how it cuts once the grass starts to grow here in MI.

Jay

Steve
03-24-2011, 04:57 PM

It looks very nice!

Out of the different mowers you were looking for, what made you go with that one? Were there any pros or cons that stood out compared to others you were looking at?

wellbiz
03-25-2011, 08:21 AM
It looks very nice!

Out of the different mowers you were looking for, what made you go with that one? Were there any pros or cons that stood out compared to others you were looking at?

Steve,

Pros: Price, cutting speed, dealer is less than a mile from my house. Small foot print and lower weight then a ZTR

Cons: Cant have a traditional rear mounted bagger like a ZTR.

Steve
03-26-2011, 08:16 AM
Cant have a traditional rear mounted bagger like a ZTR.

How big of a deal is this for you and what do you do now instead? How does it effect your mowing?

wellbiz
03-26-2011, 08:20 AM
How big of a deal is this for you and what do you do now instead? How does it effect your mowing?

Steve,

Really isn't that big of a deal. It would be nice for spring and fall clean-ups. However I have a bagger attachment for my Ferris WB that works just fine. May buy the same type for this mower before fall. I dont have any accounts that want their lawn bagged when cut so it wont effect my mowing.

jay