PDA

View Full Version : My pet project for fun

The Cleaning Doctor
03-22-2011, 02:50 AM
I know there is a lot of work yet to do but I wanted to share this with you. This is a pet project of mine. Except for the text in the header that I have to find where to move it, what do you think of the look?

I have about 6 hours into this so far and a few more forums to add but the basic outline is done.

http://www.bestfishingforum.com

Let me know what you think.

Simpkins
03-22-2011, 06:02 AM
Looks pretty good! Let us know when it's ready. I wouldn't mind hanging out there. I love fishing!

jymie
03-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Nice idea for fishing hobbyist. Good luck with it. Once it's up and running you can target advertisers that deal in fishing products. Great idea!

The Cleaning Doctor
03-22-2011, 11:49 AM
I thought of this because every fishing forum tends to talk about a specific species of fish and not an overall forum.

The forum is operational now, I have just not added all the sub-categories as of yet.

As for advertisers, I may have some sponsors but I want to try and keep the board free from ads if I can. If not then what the heck. People tend to get ad blindness if they are on a site long enough.

Everyone is welcome to sign up but be aware not all the forums are there yet.

Simpkins
03-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Can't seem to get the verification email. I registered, then requested it be sent again. Still nothing. It's only bee a few minutes but these things are usually instant right?

Edit: It seems I've become the worst of the worst when it comes to impatient people! The internet made me this way! I have the email now. :)

Hedgemaster
03-22-2011, 09:23 PM
It looks too "Sci-Fi" for my tastes (nothing about the image shouts "fishing" when the page loads), but the body of it looks nice and clean.

Also, you can't read the title of the forum. They don't contrast with the image enough. ETA: Nevermind. I see that you are aware of this. :o )

The Cleaning Doctor
03-23-2011, 09:36 PM
It looks too "Sci-Fi" for my tastes (nothing about the image shouts "fishing" when the page loads), but the body of it looks nice and clean.

Also, you can't read the title of the forum. They don't contrast with the image enough. ETA: Nevermind. I see that you are aware of this. :o )

I agree with you about the photo and I did find another one that is much better. Got the title moved and color changed, now I don't like the logo. Oh well will have to come up with another one.