PDA

View Full Version : Dog Crap

element009
03-21-2011, 05:16 PM
I hate stepping in dog crap, and I especially hate when it gets on my mower tires. I'm thinking of telling my customers that I offer dog waste removal at an additional cost. I want to put it in the contract so that if I arrive at their house and there's, say, more than 2 piles of crap in the yard, they will be charged an extra $5-$10. I fear this may irritate clients. I don't want to have to remove the stuff, but I'd rather do that than get it all over my machines.

Any thoughts on this?

CHEESE2009
03-21-2011, 06:48 PM
I hate stepping in dog crap, and I especially hate when it gets on my mower tires. I'm thinking of telling my customers that I offer dog waste removal at an additional cost. I want to put it in the contract so that if I arrive at their house and there's, say, more than 2 piles of crap in the yard, they will be charged an extra $5-$10. I fear this may irritate clients. I don't want to have to remove the stuff, but I'd rather do that than get it all over my machines.

Any thoughts on this?

do it, I am.

Simpkins
03-21-2011, 06:58 PM
I would add it to my contracts! No doubt about it. People will do whatever they can get away with. If there is a consequence (paying extra), I'd say the majority will do their job and clean up after their dogs. I hated it too. It was nasty. I was amazed at how much a dog can **** in a week! :eek:

It may be hard to bring this up to anyone that is currently under contract though. You may have to wait til it's up and add this to their new one?

Hedgemaster
03-21-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm a new guy to this, so I don't have any firsthand experience with this problem, but I don't feel it's unreasonable to add a fee if you hit a land mine.

It takes time to clean that sh!t off - you should be paid for that time.

Maybe it's different for the guys on a riding mowers, but I'm using a push mower... if I step in enough crap in one yard, I'm looking for a new customer. If I wanted to be covered in poo, I'd have become a plumber.

Simpkins
03-21-2011, 10:20 PM
If I wanted to be covered in poo, I'd have become a plumber.

New tagline? :D

psparaco
03-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Not me. It's not my dog nor my responsibility to cleanup after them. you want to have a dog. be responsible and cleanup after them. All my clients know when they sign the contract we DO NOT CLEANUP their doggy mess.

Our contract states this in it

"Any pet droppings must be cleaned up prior to our arrival or a flat fee of $20.00 will be charged and the scheduled service will be postponed."

I've had one client who broke this rule. He read our contract and was well aware of what it said since i gave them a copy of the contract for his records. They didn'y cleanup the mess the one morning we were scheduled to get there. We arrived and my fiance started to mow outside the fence while I started to trim along the fence inside and i discovered 4 landmines. I signaled to my fiance to cease mowing and pack up. So we packed up and left. Later that day I emailed him an invoice for $20.00 stating he was in violation of the contract. I even emailed him a copy of the contract with his signiture on it and circled the part i copied above showing it was there and I informed him his lawn would not be finished until the dog mess was cleaned up and we were paid the $20.00. We came back the next day and he had 20 dollars in hand, plus the cost of the lawn, plus apologized for not cleaning it up. He dropped us a few weeks later but i hated his yard. it smelt like sh*tville even after the mess with cleaned up anyway. one less headache to deal with.

Simpkins
03-21-2011, 10:57 PM
Yeah, that is probably a risk you are taking (loosing someone) but do you really want them anyways? I think for the most part, having it in the contract will be enough to make them clean up. If they don't, charge them and risk being canceled. If they do, there will be a responsible person to take their place. Of course if you are just starting out, loosing one account can hurt so you won't be able to be as picky.

psparaco
03-21-2011, 11:14 PM
I wouldnt say just starting out. but close. started 2009. we had 25 clients peak season. end the year with 14. 2010 we had 35 peak season and ended the year with 16. this year i am shooting out 2200 flyers that i will elaborate on another post on here. everytime we lose one client we tend to gain 2-3 more.

Simpkins
03-21-2011, 11:22 PM
I wouldnt say just starting out. but close. started 2009. we had 25 clients peak season. end the year with 14. 2010 we had 35 peak season and ended the year with 16. this year i am shooting out 2200 flyers that i will elaborate on another post on here. everytime we lose one client we tend to gain 2-3 more.

I was saying "new" for people in general. It may just be me but it seems you loose a large percentage of clients in a year. What are the reasons they are leaving? Do others experience this kind of loss?

jymie
03-22-2011, 12:51 AM
I have one customer that had dog feceas every week. They looked like elephant crap. This year I am going to tell her straight from the start I will drive around all dog droppings and those spots will not be mowed. Please make sure they are picked up before our scheduled day.

CHEESE2009
03-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Just eat it. Pick it up and eat it.

If you aren't hungry, put it in your pocket and save it for later....

It's FREE

http://www.doodypro.net/attachments/Image/perfectdog%5B1%5D.jpg

It's probably a delicacy somewhere!

Simpkins
03-22-2011, 02:26 AM
Just eat it. Pick it up and eat it.

If you aren't hungry, put it in your pocket and save it for later....

It's FREE

http://www.doodypro.net/attachments/Image/perfectdog%5B1%5D.jpg

Holly Hell! I haven't laughed so hard in a while!

jymie
03-22-2011, 08:43 AM

mmmmm poop ala mode! Where's my blender! Who needs chocolate milk?

element009
03-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Lol, thanks for all the replies. Seems like my thinking is in line with everyone else on this.

CHEESE2009
03-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Lol, thanks for all the replies. Seems like my thinking is in line with everyone else on this.

http://www.saludhealthinfo.com/nutrtion/images/Babynchocolate.jpg

950thomas
03-22-2011, 07:43 PM
Just mow over it