PDA

View Full Version : website from yellowpages

poolplayer
03-21-2011, 03:44 PM
I have been looking into having a website made. Yellow pages has qouted me $293.00 pr month to design and build and host a website. It also includes a small ad in 2 places in the phone book( lawn maintenance and landscape contractors) and putting me on 100 local serach engines and a priority lisiting in 5 categories on yellowpages.com. Does this sound like a good deal? Is anyone else on the forum doing this already, ifso is it working out for you?

jymie
03-21-2011, 03:50 PM
I have been looking into having a website made. Yellow pages has qouted me $293.00 pr month to design and build and host a website. It also includes a small ad in 2 places in the phone book( lawn maintenance and landscape contractors) and putting me on 100 local serach engines and a priority lisiting in 5 categories on yellowpages.com. Does this sound like a good deal? Is anyone else on the forum doing this already, ifso is it working out for you?

Nobody uses the yellow pages book. Most everyone looks online for information now a days. $293 bucks a month is insane. You can go through godaddy to host an entire year for less than that.

Check out this thread about getting a website built.

http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?t=13801

poolplayer
03-21-2011, 04:20 PM
the one thing i liked was the priority lisitng on yellowpages.com. there is over 300 contractors in my area and it would put me at the top of the list. I checked godaddy they charge 49.95 per month to design/build and host. thats alot cheaper.. I dont know if being on yp.com would be benifical for the extra money.. thanks for the input jymie

Simpkins
03-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Just thought I would throw an idea out for you. I build sites. $150 will get you your basic site built. This includes first month hosting and domain name. (1 month free maintenance as well) I submit to all free major search engines, several business directories, google places etc. You'll get all the essentials you need in a site. Hosting will run you about $5.00 per month thereafter. If you are looking for someone to maintain your site full time for you, I charge $30.00/month. This gets you unlimited updates. (Includes all minor things like changing wording around, changing/adding images, etc.)

If you would like more details, pm me.

Thanks,
JD

wellbiz
03-21-2011, 06:02 PM

Wow that is expensive. I built my own site using one of godaddys templates. Happy with their support and pricing. If you dont have the time or knowledge to build your own Simpkins pricing seems pretty good. You could also check with www.plan-itgraphics.com as he does websites also. Just finished having him make me some marketing materials and he did a great job.

The Cleaning Doctor
03-21-2011, 07:17 PM
When you quit paying that $300 per month because it does you no good the web site falls faster than a bikini top at spring break.

In other words $5 per month and keep the site or $300 per month and lose the sight. 5*12=60 per year for hosting For what you would pay for 1 month you get the site built and hosted for 1 year. Half of that amount would get you SEO services every month.

Yellow pages are getting desperate and are counting on you not knowing the difference. Do you ever use the phone book any more. The only thing I ever use it for is to find restaurants and that is becoming less and less.

jymie
03-21-2011, 08:59 PM
the one thing i liked was the priority listing on yellowpages.com. there is over 300 contractors in my area and it would put me at the top of the list. I checked godaddy they charge 49.95 per month to design/build and host. thats a lot cheaper.. I don't know if being on yp.com would be benifical for the extra money.. thanks for the input jymie

As a side note, 2 years ago, I went with yellowpages.com to have a listing in the top like you mentioned, I paid $132 a month. I told their salesman that I would as long as I could suspend the listing during the winter months cause it would be a waste of money to advertise then and he told me yes, so when the time came to suspend for the winter months they would not do it. They do a recording of the agreement by phone so if you do go with them to do a paid listing, make sure you mention during the phone taping what exactly are the terms you agreed to. The saleman did not mention my special circumstances and I did not mention my terms during the phone call taping so I got screwed. Needless to say I canceled them. So they lost my business and I have nothing good to say about paying them anything.

Steve
03-22-2011, 06:33 AM
$293.00 pr month to design and build and host a website. It also includes a small ad in 2 places in the phone book

I think that is a lot of money for it. That $293 could buy a lot of business cards, flyers, door hangers, truck and trailer signs you could be using to get business.

If you were charging $35 a lawn, that would need almost 8 1/2 lawns to be mowed per month to cover that cost.