PDA

View Full Version : Aquatic Application Strategies

buck_landscaping
03-21-2011, 04:22 PM
Hey everyone i want to start applying aquatic herbicides to ponds and lakes and want to know the best idea in applying the herbicide. I have seen back pack sprayers, granular applicators, also tank sprayers. I will be using a 16 ft jon boat. Any suggestions please feel free to give them.

Thanks

Steve
03-22-2011, 07:20 AM
That sounds like a very interesting niche! Good for you for experimenting with it.

Why not start cheap with a back pack style sprayer and see how it works, also see how the market is for this service. If you find there is more work to be done, then you could scale up as needed.

What got you to think about offering these services?

buck_landscaping
03-22-2011, 11:39 AM
got my license to spray and have ponds that i can treat just want to know the best approach to treating

Steve
03-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Who do you market this service too? Are there lake associations or something in your area you can send information too or is this something you have to provide through the state?

buck_landscaping
03-27-2011, 09:39 PM
golf courses, subdivisions, and home owners but i need to know if i should have a skid type sprayer in my boat or just back pack spray areas

Steve
03-29-2011, 12:21 PM
I'd start simple and scale up as needed. See how the business for this kind of work goes and then buy equipment as the service grows.