PDA

View Full Version : Spring has Sprung

Ducke
03-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Well Spring has Sprung and the Quote requests are coming in.
I put out a small sampling of my Flier on Thursday 130 copies.
I have had 7 calls for quotes
2 Lawn renovations.
1 Aeration.
1 Hedge and Shrub trim along with Flower bed maintenance
3 Weekly mowing.

I am going to get another 200-250 Fliers out Tomorrow.
Then I will move over to the next subdivision and put out another 500.
I am so nervous I feel like a 16 year old at his first Boy Girl Party.:D

GreenBeast
03-21-2011, 12:46 AM
That's great Ducke! I see other people with good success, such as this and it only keeps me motivated. Your flier is nice as well simple and to the point.

Steve
03-22-2011, 06:02 AM
That is fantastic!

How are you distributing them? Are you putting them in the door or knocking on doors first?

I am sure a lot of the members are now looking for tips to get the best results when they put their flyers out.

SpokaneSRC
03-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Not to nit pick, but you misspelled dethatch on your flier.

Ducke
03-22-2011, 11:04 AM
That is fantastic!

How are you distributing them? Are you putting them in the door or knocking on doors first?

I am sure a lot of the members are now looking for tips to get the best results when they put their fliers out.

I have been hand delivering them, I have got to talk to some people that have been home but most are at work so I just leave the flier in the Mail Box.

I have now done 14 streets with 400 fliers.

Ducke
03-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Not to nit pick, but you misspelled dethatch on your flier.

Got it thanks.

Steve
03-23-2011, 11:33 AM
This is going to be a big year for you!

Ducke
03-24-2011, 07:51 PM
This is going to be a big year for you!

Man I sure hope so.
I got my first e-mail request for quote today.
I just got to keep at them keep pounding the pavement.

psparaco
03-24-2011, 10:59 PM
I hope my year is as sucessful as yours Ducke. Last week i sent to the printers to have 1,000 copies made of my flyer. However i have no distributed any of them. The current temps lately makes one think its still winter yet its March 24th. Hell they are calling for SNOW on Sunday. Who is thinking hey i need my grass cut soon when its gonna snow again. My fear is i dont want to put out flyers too soon and at the same time too late. Temps aren't expected to pull out of the 40's for highs until first full week of April when my season normally starts.

I already have 45 streets for a total of 1,106 homes layed out to recieve my flyer of which i'll be hand delivering each one. 443 of the 1,106 are rental properties which i am awaiting confirmation from the landlord that they are starting their lawn inspections.

Where i used to live. the landlord would put a letter in your door stating they will be inspecting your lawn starting xx date. once that begins. if your grass needs to be cut that given week you have 2 days to cut it or be fined. This is where i started my business. they have strict policies written in your lease for upkeep of your lawn. I intend to market to every single renter. Last year we signed 10% of the flyers we put out down there. Of the 443 townhomes, its comprises of 3 neighborhoods. 1 neighborhood has another landscaper and myself running the show. the 2nd area has 4 landscapers including myself and the 3rd i am the only landscaper in the area. Problem is renters don't care about anything but their grass being cut so i hope to get more home owners who pay for the upsells. So thats why this year 20% of my market is renters and 80% home owner. all toll i plan to put out 2,200 flyers. Time and most important weather will tell when all that happens. I'll keep yall post on how i do once i start passing out flyers.

Paul

Steve
03-26-2011, 07:36 AM
So thats why this year 20% of my market is renters and 80% home owner.

Very interesting! Do you think the renters were a good customer base to start with but now you want to move away from them to find better clients? Or are renters just not ideal customers, no matter where you are in your business?