PDA

View Full Version : Rate my site!

bobbynance94
03-20-2011, 04:43 PM
I'm only 16 and I'm just starting to dive into the landscaping business. I am a Certified Greenhouse Operator and have a lifetime of experience. Starting out and I have 4 yards. So far so good I think considering I just started a week ago. However my website is not so hot so please tell me what I could do to improve it.
www.theothersidelandscaping.webs.com

Simpkins
03-20-2011, 07:06 PM
FAQ Page:

I strongly urge you to get licensed and insured. I'm not sure how this works with a minor but look into it.

At the VERY least, removed that question and answer from your site! It is a potential road block that could be avoided simply by not mentioning it. I operated for almost a month before I attained affordable insurance. Still, on my advertisements, I would "imply" that I was insured.

Example: "Don't take unnecessary risks by hiring an uninsured company"

I didn't lie and say I was insured but I planted a seed of doubt in their head about other companies and implied that I was. Not once was I asked if I was. Of course, I didn't pitch commercial accounts until I was insured.

GreenBeast
03-21-2011, 01:57 AM
I have to agree with Simpkins on this one. I know some of us don't insure when starting out simply because of the cost, however I think its an avoidable argument simply by not having that on your site.
I personally don't particularly like other adds on my business site, as I feel it is distracting to the potential client. However that said, I do know there are times where one may not be able to help it, one such being not able to purchase a domain and such.
In any event if you are only 16, and decide to stick with this profession, it is In my opinion that if you work hard and take good care of your customers, then by the time your 21 you'll have so much work you wont know what to do lol. Who knows maybe by then you will be out of the field and in the office.
I only wish I had started when I was young! Anyhow good luck and happy mowing.

Steve
03-22-2011, 07:04 AM
I think your website looks good!

What kinds of things are you doing now to get new customers?

ToastedToad
03-23-2011, 01:25 AM
I like it! I'm thinking about offering a senior citizen discount also. How has that worked out for you?