PDA

View Full Version : Overhaul Website

CHEESE2009
03-19-2011, 09:11 PM
I have been working on my own template.

The following is a picture, the actual website is "animated" the 1 Fall Cleanup is bouncing left to right and the word "breeze" glows.

Enjoy;

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/breeze2009/homepagepicture.png

Simpkins
03-19-2011, 09:56 PM
I have been working on my own template.

The following is a picture, the actual website is "animated" the 1 Fall Cleanup is bouncing left to right and the word "breeze" glows.

Enjoy;

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/breeze2009/homepagepicture.png

I'm not seeing anything for some reason. :(

justin_time
03-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Again ??????

CHEESE2009
03-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Again ??????

LOL yup!

I'm getting sick of trying to work with the given templates... I've never been so bothered... I finally called my host, he gave me a bit of attitude but said we'd be able to work something out.

He had this kind of "fed up" tone of voice, even before I told him anything. Must have been a long day for the guys at "ipage.com"

Anyway, I'm very pleased to know this might be the new look of my site... very sexy!

(I attached the pic of my site for those who cannot see my photbucket link)

Simpkins
03-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Ha, Your photobucket link showed up this time.

Looks sharp! I was always changing mine around too. I get bored easily.

CHEESE2009
03-20-2011, 03:05 AM
my site (http://breezelawnservice.ca)

take a look!

took me forever to friggen set up, and I had to add my own scroll bar (yeah, that's how P.I.T.A this stuff can be)

justin_time
03-20-2011, 12:05 PM
my site (http://breezelawnservice.ca)

take a look!

took me forever to friggen set up, and I had to add my own scroll bar (yeah, that's how P.I.T.A this stuff can be)

Your going to lose customers man.

I loaded your site and it takes forever to load.

Won't take long for people to click that red X in the top right hand corner and look for someone else.

Just a heads up

jymie
03-20-2011, 12:45 PM
It took a minute and a half to load for me. How can you speed up the load time?

CHEESE2009
03-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Your going to lose customers man.

I loaded your site and it takes forever to load.

Won't take long for people to click that red X in the top right hand corner and look for someone else.

Just a heads up

It's not finished yet silly billy, lmao.

I have to add what's called a "preloader".

I'll let you know when I'm done!!!!

justin_time
03-20-2011, 01:45 PM
It's not finished yet silly billy, lmao.

I have to add what's called a "preloader".

I'll let you know when I'm done!!!!

Yeah but it takes 7 seconds for a person to be impressed and if your site isn't loaded by then, then they will close the X and go somewhere else

Steve
03-20-2011, 05:09 PM
Scott,

The site looks fantastic!

The thing I wonder is, if it is made with flash, how will that effect your search engine rankings?

Will the search engines be able to read the site and know what to do with it?

Simpkins
03-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Yeah, I clicked the link last night and couldn't get it to load. After about one minute I closed it. I didn't say anything because I thought it was probably just my connection. I would definitely try speeding things up/go with different site.

It does look sharp from the pics though.

CHEESE2009
03-21-2011, 12:18 AM
Yeah, I clicked the link last night and couldn't get it to load. After about one minute I closed it. I didn't say anything because I thought it was probably just my connection. I would definitely try speeding things up/go with different site.

It does look sharp from the pics though.

That would be my bad.

After I posted yesterday, I did take my site apart a few times and sometimes I forget to publish it - I have to do it manually now that I'm using my own tools lol.

As soon as I get certain things done with it, then I'm going to put it through tests to make sure it runs on all browsers.

////////////////

If you see a blank template with a few dots, that's because I have yet to add a stable "preloader" and so it will take some time to really load up.

(My site uses the latest flash drivers)