PDA

View Full Version : Website

Sabina Lawn Care
03-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Wondering if some of you would take a look at my site and give me your opinion... New to this and just starting out... any advice would be appreciated... Also anyone in my area feel free to contact me if you need to sub out some work... Thanks... http://sabinalawncare.com

jymie
03-19-2011, 06:59 PM
The white lettering is very difficult to read where you click to other pages of the site. Use a color that you can read easily. On your landing page, I would put the number to call you at the top so it can be seen quickly. With it small and at the bottom, you make a potential customer look for it and most will just go some where else. A good spot to put it would be right under your Company name in the banner area. Make your company name a Little bigger than the number.

Hedgemaster
03-20-2011, 01:21 AM
^^^ Exactly.

Also, it doesn't appear to load properly for me. There's a "strip" down the right side with "part" of an image (lawn?) and your name under it - your name/number are only visible for the first few letters.

Sabina Lawn Care
03-20-2011, 10:06 AM
fixed the lettering and phone #... dont know about the loading though... checked it from 3 computers and looks fine to me

Steve
03-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Welcome Sabina,

How about putting the towns you service in your title?

In fact, read this while you are at it.

Lawn care website search engine tips to improve ranking. (http://lawnchat.com/?p=2215)

Sabina Lawn Care
03-20-2011, 06:27 PM
good idea.... but most around here go by county area... i'll try it though

Sabina Lawn Care
03-27-2011, 11:33 AM
O.K. getting a lot of views to my site, according to the reports I can view.....
Not getting so many calls as I would hope from it... Coming up good in the search engines... Am I just impatient??? Suggestions??

brian'slawncare
03-27-2011, 01:44 PM
heres my website: brianslawncare.web.officelive.com - I use the same officelive website builder. try putting out ads or flyers or calling people on your own. that usually helps...

Sabina Lawn Care
03-27-2011, 02:07 PM
adds and flyers are both out... just impatient I guess...

Steve
03-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Are there other marketing methods you are working on too as you develop your website?

Sabina Lawn Care
03-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Just the norm. newspaper ads, flyers, business cards.....

element009
03-28-2011, 10:18 PM
A few grammar issues:
1. "Ohio" should be capitalized on first page.

2. "One free mowing with a seasonal agreement from a referral by you" sounds a little awkward to me. Maybe something like this would work better:

"Refer a friend! If they sign a seasonal agreement, we'll give you one free cut!"

On that note, I'd like to share an idea I got from an entrepreneur community online. They suggested to me that people feel a referral is more genuine if it comes in written form. So, if you create a general letter and have your customers fill in the blanks and send it to their friends/family, it could turn into real results. Even better, have your existing customers give their friends a hand-written letter.
Something like: "Dear XXX, I have had great service from Sabina Lawn Care. They are very reliable and always leave my lawn looking great. Check out their website and then give them a call. Sincerely, XXX" And the more incentive you give your existing customers, the more willing they will be to take action and refer you. So, instead of offering one free cut, maybe offer a serious discount on a cleanup. Something that will save them some real money. In the end, the customers you gain from this will offset your initial sacrifice in money.

Sabina Lawn Care
04-10-2011, 03:55 PM
OK been working on the site.... give me some input

Steve
04-11-2011, 01:20 PM
You could change the title from
Sabina Ohio Lawn Care
to
Sabina Lawn Care - Servicing Clinton, Fayette, and Greene counties in Ohio