PDA

View Full Version : Hello to Steve and all forum members

mrrick
03-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm in SW Vermont. Been in the lawn care business for 7 years. Just a small 2 man operation. This is a highly competitive area as it is primarily second home owners and nearly everyone works in the property services industry. I am getting ready to do a general homeowner mailing to about 3000 addresses. Can anyone out there tell me if they have had better response to an enclosed letter or a two sided heavy stock flyer. I've picked up some great copy ideas from reading the postcard and letter examples.

Steve
03-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Welcome to our forum!

A lot of the response rate you will get is based on what is in your marketing material. What your offer is etc.

better response to an enclosed letter or a two sided heavy stock flyer

With the flyer, you can pretty much guarantee the homeowner will get your message because they will see the offer before they decide what to do with it.

When you use an envelope, if you don't address it with your own handwriting and use a stamp ( to throw them off that it is a bulk letter) then you limit your chances of it getting open. If it doesn't get open, it won't be read.

Does that help?

Been in the lawn care business for 7 years. Just a small 2 man operation.

What is your plan with your marketing? Are you intending to add another crew or are you looking to just stay busy with your 2 man operation?

mrrick
03-21-2011, 10:05 AM
Trying to keep the 2 man crew afloat and eventually add the 2nd crew. Thx for the reply. I've decided to go with the two sided flyer.

Steve
03-22-2011, 07:08 AM
Keep us posted on it.

Another thing you can do with your marketing is test it. If you are unsure of which to go with, you can split your mailings in half. Send half the one piece of marketing and send the other half the other.

You could then track to see which brings you the better results and experiment with that marketing material on your next mailing.

Have you completed your flyer? Can we see what you created?