PDA

View Full Version : Hello New and have questions

tgravert
03-17-2011, 11:04 AM
Hello My name is Tami. I am in a small rural community in Missouri and am just starting my business of lawn mowing. I have always loved mowing lawns and just working in the yard. I have decided to start my own business of lawn mowing, weed eating. Nothing more at this time until I progress.

I have my first bid for a business and am unsure of what I believe the amount is coming too. I used your calulator and the esitmated time is 180 minututes. A lot of weed eating and blowing the grass after mowing. Was thinking (with all my research and different ways to calculate) $200 per mow & etc. What are your thoughts? Thanks for helping a newbie.

xpertlawnman
03-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Not enough information. How big is the property? What kind of mower are you using? Seems like you will make a nice profit on this account if you get it. If you are not using a fast or big enough mower you may get underbid on this. For example it may take you 3 hrs. to do that property with your equipment. Now say I can go in there with my stand on ZT that mows at 8mph and do the job in half the time. I can bid a little lower and still make money. Good luck.

Steve
03-18-2011, 01:37 AM
Hi Tami,

Welcome to our forum.

I agree, can you give us a little more information on the job?

How big is the property? What kind of equipment are you using to perform the job?

How many sqft do you have to cut?
How many linear ft do you have to trim and edge?

tgravert
03-19-2011, 08:30 AM
Thanks for your replies. The property is approxamatly 68,000 square feet. building, parking and drive are at least 48,000 sq ft. Total 119,000 sq ft.

I have a Snapper zero turn, 38" deck, 18.5 hp. Estimated 10,000 sq ft of weed eating. thanks for your help.

Tami

Steve
03-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Ok so we have 68,000 square feet of mowing
Estimated 10,000 sq ft of weed eating
Now is this an area you need to line trim? Like for a culvert?

What about the total linear feet you will need to line trim or edge?

Also will you need to clean the parking lot? Blow it clean of debris?

Think of each service you need to do for this job and list it here. Then estimate the amount of time in man hours it will take for each job.

There still seems to be a lot more we need to nail down here to come to a final $ number.