PDA

View Full Version : are we charging too much or way too little?

rgutsan360
03-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Hi, although I may be posting to the wrong forum, I am new to this website and I am hoping that you all that are much more experienced than me can help me in answering my question? We work in San Antonio Tx and have had much success these past couple of years in providing lawn care maintenance to our customers. This year, we have taken on the job of weed removal and fertilization. Today, we gave an estimate of $200 for front & back trimming (includg. edging and blowing), weed removal, tree trimming(minor) and bush trimming. Is that too much? I assume that the work we provide is outstanding but that is hard to convince people of when you have never met them before. Can you offer any advice?

950thomas
03-16-2011, 08:12 PM
Doesn't sound like to much but when I was in Texas after the hurricane doing tree work noticed the prices for lawn care were lower than my market

Simpkins
03-16-2011, 08:29 PM
I don't think there is any way we can judge your prices without more information/pics.

rgutsan360
03-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the reply. This home we went to give an estimate on is going to be sold, so it would be a one time job. The grass was about 1ft. high, but there were a lot of weeds. The home has been abandoned for quite some time, but the area it is in is a fairly new subdivision(military). Basically, the owner wanted a clean up job from front to back. After thinking of our proposal, and looking up other people around our area, our price was not over the top, and pretty reasonable. I have to say that I am finding many people don't like paying for a good job in certain areas, they would prefer fast, quick and cheap, which aren't our standards.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
03-16-2011, 11:10 PM
So did the owner deceide to go with your company? It seemed like they gave you quite a bit of feedback.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
03-16-2011, 11:39 PM
they would prefer fast, quick and cheap, which aren't our standards.

Are those really your target customers then?

Steve
03-17-2011, 04:13 AM
Today, we gave an estimate of $200 for front & back trimming (includg. edging and blowing), weed removal, tree trimming(minor) and bush trimming. Is that too much?

How much time would it take you to perform this job in total man hours?
How did you break down the job to come up with the bid price?

rgutsan360
03-17-2011, 10:09 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies. After researching in San Antonio and looking at what other companies charge for this basic type of thing, I know that we did not overcharge. We have remained competitive and not have overpriced. I assume the customer really wanted something quick, and did not care much about quality since it wasn't his house, but his neighbors. Thank you all for your input.