PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cleanups

jklawncare
03-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Im getting alot of calls for spring cleanups with seasonal lawn care

how do you guys charge a spring cleanup and what do they include?

I was planning on raking out all leaves and sticks
offering fertilization
aeration
and dethatching
with some other optional services

could really use the help..never done spring..only fall

Steve
03-16-2011, 03:08 AM
Are these going to be customers that want an annual lawn care agreement with you?

Are you planning on including your spring cleanup in the annual price or are you considering doing it another way?

jklawncare
03-16-2011, 08:03 AM
Are these going to be customers that want an annual lawn care agreement with you?

Are you planning on including your spring cleanup in the annual price or are you considering doing it another way?

I will be billing him for the spring cleanup in the beginning and then the lawn maintenance monthly. He will only be using me until his house is sold so it would be easier and safer to do it this way. Otherwise i would just bill it all monthly.

I just need to know how to charge him for it. And was curious as to what you guys include and offer as optionals.

wellbiz
03-16-2011, 10:10 AM
I will be billing him for the spring cleanup in the beginning and then the lawn maintenance monthly. He will only be using me until his house is sold so it would be easier and safer to do it this way. Otherwise i would just bill it all monthly.

I just need to know how to charge him for it. And was curious as to what you guys include and offer as optionals.

Typical spring clean up would be removal of any left over leaves from fall, branches and garbage from the property. Depending on when you do the clean up I usually also cut the lawn. Any thing additional is usally requested by the customer. When I show up for the estimate, I ask what they are looking for etc.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
03-16-2011, 12:46 PM
Clean-Ups:
I clean up the leaves, branches, rake flower beds out, and typically mow as that's how I pick up the leaves in the back-yards. The fronts I blow the leaves to my truck and use a leaf loader to throw them into my truck. I then mow the front to pick up the left overs. I also edge everything. When I am done I collect the payment if it isn't a contracted customer and I give them a flyer and point to our site to show them our other services. This works great because people like the finished look and a few have signed contracts and others just call us for clean-ups. I would just offer the aeration and other services as extras. Good luck.

winkie61
03-25-2011, 08:45 AM
I charge for spring cleanup separately for a new customer, but if the customer is an annual client the charge is calculated in their monthly payments. When I perform spring cleanups I collect all leaves from the property to include flowerbeds. I edge, weedeat and trim up to five bushes, but my prices go between 125.00 - 200.00 depending on how bad of shape the yard is in. You have to be able to estimate the amount of hours it is going to take you and then determine what you want to make per man hr. and adjust from there. I also give them a flier that outlines the other services that I offer and I have just recently obtained a website that I will direct them to.