PDA

View Full Version : Hello Guys & Gals!!

awardlandscapingllc
03-15-2011, 12:01 AM
Hi everyone just starting my business this year. I have started this venture because I am sick of working for other people. Three years ago I graduated college with a four year degree in Construction Managment and a minor in Business Administration. I did my internship with a small landscape company and have been working for them for the last two summers. Throughout that time I have applied to many Managment positions in the construction industry but since the market is so slow the only type of people companies are hiring now, are ones with at least 4 years of experience. Anyhow, I cant wait to start. I have looked at many websites over the winter and this site is the most informative and has the best help by far. I am looking forward to get into organic fertalizer as well, have read so much and haven't even broke the surface with that. I do live in a norther suburb of Minneapolis so I wont be able to start until mid April. But this winter I bought a Boss V-plow and have picked a great year to start plowing (so I've been told), because of all the snow. As soon as I get paid with my plowing money I will be purchasing all the equipment I need for lawn care, along with the marketing scheme I am doing. My sister is in the process of making my website and hopefully it will be done in a week or so I let you know. It is www.awardlandscapingllc.com. Sorry such a long background but I thought some would like to know. Hope to hear from you all soon and I love awnswering and asking questions so go for it!:)

Liberty Landscaping LLC
03-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Welcome. This is a terrific site especially for someone who is just starting out. Don't be afraid to ask questions. If your season starts in April have you started marketing yet? Do you have any contracts lined up? You really need to get cracking. You want to get to people before someone else does if the thought of hiring someone is there. Also if you plan on taking business from someone else you need to get them before they sign. Good luck.

aaamulch
03-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Hello I am in TN

Steve
03-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Welcome to our forum!

As you have gotten your degree and had a chance to work with another lawn care business, did you find they had done things that you saw could be improve upon?

Do any business lessons you learned from them stand out that you want to apply to your new business?