PDA

View Full Version : Buying a new Zero Turn

Amish Mafia
03-13-2011, 10:44 PM
Guys need some advice. I am purchasing a new zero turn in the next couple weeks. Background info I am only going to use it at the max about 10 hours a week for my larger accounts, and home use of 3 acres. The deck size has to be smaller than 51" as 2 of the accounts I have only have openings for that to fit. So that leads me to the 48" deck size. I'm looking at the Bobcat Fastcat Pro 48" with 20hp Kawi, and a Hustler Fastrack Super Duty, 48" deck with 23hp Kawi. What are your thoughts, and would I be better going used with something else. I'm now in crunch time as the season is closing in. I have dealer support for both machines, and I can get both easily already priced for under 5 grand.

Thoughts??
Need some expert advice.

Thanks

JLH Pro Lawn Care
03-13-2011, 10:51 PM
do you already have another mower? If not buy a 36 zero turn then you won't have any issues with gates in the future and it's not much smaller than a 48 so time wise it'll be about as quick.

wandfsmall
03-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Guys need some advice. I am purchasing a new zero turn in the next couple weeks. Background info I am only going to use it at the max about 10 hours a week for my larger accounts, and home use of 3 acres. The deck size has to be smaller than 51" as 2 of the accounts I have only have openings for that to fit. So that leads me to the 48" deck size. I'm looking at the Bobcat Fastcat Pro 48" with 20hp Kawi, and a Hustler Fastrack Super Duty, 48" deck with 23hp Kawi. What are your thoughts, and would I be better going used with something else. I'm now in crunch time as the season is closing in. I have dealer support for both machines, and I can get both easily already priced for under 5 grand.

Thoughts??
Need some expert advice.

Thanks

I would say the mowers as far as quality are about the same, same transmission 4 year waranty on the fast trak 5 on the fastcat. If you have a lot of trees you might think about the rops but other then that I would go with your fav dealer or comfort. Both machines should do what you are asking of them with no problem.