PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone!

GreenMatters716
03-12-2011, 09:21 PM
My name is Zen. Im from the Buffalo,NY area and Im just starting my lawn care business GreenMatters. I have 3 years experience in landscaping and always wanted my own company. I know it is a bad time to start a lawn care business because of the high fuel prices but I feel I really have to do this. I will earn my associates degree in business this spring. I love this site, It is so helpful with great info and I feel lucky to be part of it. Im thinking of purchasing the GopherHaul software.. any feedback from anyone who is using it? looking forward to being part of the forums..Z

Steve
03-14-2011, 03:24 AM
Hi Zen,

Welcome to our forum!

It's nice to have you here.

Golftrick17
03-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Zen,

Why do you say fuel prices make it a bad time to start. You may have some higher cost, but they may never go down. Don't let someone else’s excuses stop you from living your life. I guess using that logic you could say taxes are too high to own your own business.... Go for it, and kick butt. Spend time planning, but remember nothing happens untill you take action. Good luck

GreenMatters716
03-15-2011, 11:58 PM
Your absolutely right! We create our own reality.. If you bevieve it then you will achieve it. Do you think I should add a few dollars to estimates as a fuel surcharge?

Steve
03-16-2011, 03:28 AM
I think it's important that you are able to cover your expenses and make a profit.

Customers may balk at a 'fuel surcharge' so if you can just include it in your estimate without having to explain it, you will probably do much better that way.

What got you to finally make the jump and start your own business? How do you feel your previous experience will be helping you out now with your new business?

jymie
03-16-2011, 08:34 AM
Hello neighbor, I am in Hamburg just south of you. What areas are you covering? I use the Gopherhaul software and find that it is very easy to learn and use. It does the schedualing and billing pretty easily.

GreenMatters716
03-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Cool! I was wondering if there was someone from my area on the forums. Im in the cheektowaga area so im just sticking to the north for now. What about you? How long you been in business for? Also thanks for the info on the software im gonna give it a try it seems very user friendly..

jymie
03-17-2011, 04:34 PM
Cool! I was wondering if there was someone from my area on the forums. Im in the cheektowaga area so im just sticking to the north for now. What about you? How long you been in business for? Also thanks for the info on the software im gonna give it a try it seems very user friendly..

I am covering Hamburg, Orchard Park, Blasdell, Lackawanna, East Aurora, Elma, Derby, Eden & Lakeview. I was going to go into West Seneca if I got any requests to, but if you want that area, I will refer any I get to you to help you out some. I got a couple of calls last year from West Seneca so who knows. This is our 4th year and each year we have increased, so things are starting to come together for us.

GreenMatters716
03-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Thanks!! That would be sweet.. I am marketing in West Seneca, thats as far south as im going. I have some family that live there.