PDA

View Full Version : New Magnetic Vehicle Business Card Holder

arthur712
03-11-2011, 11:39 PM
New Magnetic Vehicle Business Card Holder

Tell me what you guys think?

<object width="560" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-xJboh7N6c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9-xJboh7N6c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="349"></embed></object>

I have had them on the car for over a month, and nobody has stolen them Yet! Lots of card missing like always.

That is the chance you take with just about anything now a days. Still worth it, if you can get some new business from the before it gets stolen. LOL

http://www.marketingholders.com/Adbox-Magnetic-Outdoor-Business-Card-Holders-As-Low-as-699-MGN-ADBX.htm

Hedgemaster
03-12-2011, 01:07 AM
Did my "Velcro" mount inspire that? LOL

The only "problem" I see with it is, like my "Velcro" box, there isn't a "Take a Card!" sign attached, so you either have to mount a sticker and leave it (sticker) there even when the box isn't attached, or place it on the vehicle without the sticker.

I'm also leery of placing exposed magnets directly onto my vehicle. I'm fussy about my paint - your other round magnetic backing passes my test for being kind to painted surfaces, but I'm not sure about these ones. To be fair though, it's hard to say without seeing them in person.

Is that meant to be left on while driving?
I don't know if your "round" magnetic mount is or not (I'm guessing not), but I forgot and left it on the side of my truck the other day and it did survive me driving up to 45 mph without it being blown off! I looked in my side mirror and said, "Oh, CRAP!" It stayed on there though.

Great to see you throwing new concepts out there!
When do the holders with built-in blinky lights get released? :D (JK!)

arthur712
03-12-2011, 10:04 AM
Did my "Velcro" mount inspire that? LOL

The only "problem" I see with it is, like my "Velcro" box, there isn't a "Take a Card!" sign attached, so you either have to mount a sticker and leave it (sticker) there even when the box isn't attached, or place it on the vehicle without the sticker.

I'm also leery of placing exposed magnets directly onto my vehicle. I'm fussy about my paint - your other round magnetic backing passes my test for being kind to painted surfaces, but I'm not sure about these ones. To be fair though, it's hard to say without seeing them in person.

Is that meant to be left on while driving?
I don't know if your "round" magnetic mount is or not (I'm guessing not), but I forgot and left it on the side of my truck the other day and it did survive me driving up to 45 mph without it being blown off! I looked in my side mirror and said, "Oh, CRAP!" It stayed on there though.

Great to see you throwing new concepts out there!
When do the holders with built-in blinky lights get released? :D (JK!)

These new ones have been on my card for over a month and that did not fall off yet, but they are design is being parked.

The magnets has an an acrylic casing around them, so think they are paint friendly.

I need to get me those blinky lights, they are great!

Thanks!
Artie

The Cleaning Doctor
03-12-2011, 01:06 PM
Maybe you an get one that blows out confetti and releases balloons to get attention along with the lights because in the day time the lights will not be as effective....:D

Looks good Artie. Those things are amazing..... On my truck 70 mph in a thunderstorm and the cards stayed dry.

shadrach
03-12-2011, 01:27 PM
I ordered 1 today. How long does it usually takes to ship?

jymie
03-12-2011, 01:51 PM
I ordered as well today.

Hedgemaster
03-12-2011, 02:15 PM

He's pretty fast.
Last order I placed was on a weekend and I believe I had my package on Tuesday... Wednesday at the latest.

He's in FLA and I'm in PA - I was impressed.

The Cleaning Doctor
03-12-2011, 03:40 PM
Artie is good people. Of course I think it is because he originated in Tennessee!:D

arthur712
03-14-2011, 01:21 AM

What was your order?
Shipping is fast! Just 2-3 days in the USA.

Thanks!

arthur712
03-14-2011, 01:22 AM
I ordered as well today.

Thanks Jymie! Your order will go out first thing Monday morning.

Thanks!
Artye

arthur712
03-14-2011, 01:24 AM
Artie is good people. Of course I think it is because he originated in Tennessee!:D

Thanks Pat! I am Originally from Mass.

shadrach
03-17-2011, 03:06 PM
Got it today. Thanks

The Cleaning Doctor
03-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks Pat! I am Originally from Mass.

Well then I take it all back..... LOL

jymie
03-20-2011, 12:30 AM
Artie, just wanted to say thank you for the quick delivery on my order, much appreciated!

arthur712
04-19-2011, 03:25 PM
Show us some Pictures!

Thanks!
Artie

CHEESE2009
04-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Show us some Pictures!

Thanks!
Artie

Artie, as soon as I get my truck cleaned - these babies will be up!

I've been dying to try them out!!!!!!!!! Thanks again!

Tom53
04-19-2011, 05:59 PM
Maybe you an get one that blows out confetti and releases balloons to get attention along with the lights because in the day time the lights will not be as effective....:D

Or a motion detector that triggers an AIRHORN when someone walks by,,,,that should get their attention...LOL

Love the idea, but not fond of the magnetic part,,,too many thieves here and it wouldnt last a week.

Hedgemaster
04-19-2011, 08:36 PM
Show us some Pictures!

Thanks!
Artie

You know, a few weeks ago I took a photo of my card holder with the yellow lid to show how much it "glows" when the sun begins to go down. The light is channeled through the plastic and the edges appear to be illuminated.
If anyone does any shooting, you know what "Truglo" sights are, and how they work - this is much the same effect.

The original batch that I ordered have the green lids. I figured it goes with my color scheme. The yellow one I have is my "prize" from the contest here, otherwise I would have probably just ordered more with green lids in the future.

No matter what "your" company colors are, I HIGHLY recommend choosing the YELLOW lids, as they are SO much more noticeable from a distance.

Wait 'til I locate the photo - you'll see what I mean!