PDA

View Full Version : Lawn sweeper

DillonB92
03-10-2011, 11:58 PM
So Looking on websites and seeing pictures a question popped into my head. Lawn Sweepers. The kind you tow behind your lawn tractor. what do they really do? do they just pick up whats on the surface or grass clipping that have been mulched? How do they do for leaves? Most importantly is it worth the Price

Liberty Landscaping LLC
03-11-2011, 01:35 AM
What kind of mower are you planning on using it with? I use zero turns and I have grass gobblers. I am looking for a vac system but the catchers pick up leaves and the grass left behind. I see it as a waste of money. My catcher as long as it's not full it picks up all the leaves in the fall....just food for thought.

950thomas
03-11-2011, 08:45 PM
The lawn sweeper is ok for a home owner but are not practical for commercial applications

DillonB92
03-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Thanks i didn't know what the limitations were on these things.

950thomas
03-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Get u a push blower if u want to move a lot of leaves

picframer
03-12-2011, 04:26 AM
I have tried a few of these (brands) over the years as a consumer then a business, the best one in my experience is the Agri Fab Smart Sweeper, great for spring clean up's, especially small gravel from plowing snow. They work good for leaves but a Vac works best. For dead grass the Agri Fab works excellent.

Steve
03-14-2011, 03:14 AM
As far as sweeper attachments go for mowers or tractors, does anyone have any thoughts on if the front mounted ones work better or worse than the rear style units?

devuono311
03-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Rent a lawn vac from a local equipment dealer / rental place. Unless you can afford to purchase one. Last year I just rented the unit when needed, passed the cost on to the customer. I've never used those pull behind sweepers, nor will I ever. However I HAVE watched many people attempt it and unless everything is perfect, I mean dry leaves, dry as can be, dry lawn and a perfect day you will probably end up getting off your lawn tractor, walking over to the sweeper, picking it up over your head and slamming it on the ground over and over again. Though humerous to watch, never humerous to be the goon who bought it. I worked at a local farm store and every single sweeper purchased was returned.

Good Luck! :D

Steve
03-16-2011, 02:25 AM
At what point do you feel it is worth purchasing one of those lawn vacs?

devuono311
03-16-2011, 01:55 PM
I will plan on purchasing one for myself when it becomes a common necessity for my business, if I only have a couple jobs each year at which I'll need it then I'd rather rent. However, if I keep picking up schools, and large accounts then I wont wait at all, I'll go get it, its well worth the investment as long as you have sufficient use for it.

Steve
03-17-2011, 04:00 AM
Which would you like to purchase?

devuono311
03-17-2011, 02:09 PM
I REALLY like the cyclone rake, however, it's up there in price. I've used the Swisher Lawn Vacuum and it worked great, as well Agri-fab makes a Mow-N-Vac system at a fair price just not sure how great it is, I havent had an opportunity to try it yet.