PDA

View Full Version : at the very start

batesza
03-10-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi all, I live in Brisbane, Australia.
I lost everything in the recent floods we just had, tools cars, truck etc, and I was at the stage where I hated my job that I had prior , so I figured it's a good time for a clean start.
I was looking around for a franchise to get into when I came across lawn care, I had thought of it a few times over the years but I thought there was no money in it until a friend of mine got into it a year ago and he tells me he's doing quite well at it.
I found the right franchise to purchase and went through all the sales pitches even out with them for a day, had a couple weeks worth of talks, I got right up to the stage where I would sign the contract but I didn't sign because my friends suggested to just start it myself due to the high outlay in $$$
I started doing research on YouTube and came across this website, that's where I'm up to, starting to make flyers to drop into mailboxes but a little not sure how to price and where to start
I'm sure I'll post a lot of Q's as they pop up
cheers
Brian

Steve
03-11-2011, 01:40 AM
Hi Brian,

Welcome to our forum!

I was looking around for a franchise to get into when I came across lawn care, I had thought of it a few times over the years but I thought there was no money in it until a friend of mine got into it a year ago and he tells me he's doing quite well at it.
I found the right franchise to purchase and went through all the sales pitches even out with them for a day, had a couple weeks worth of talks, I got right up to the stage where I would sign the contract but I didn't sign because my friends suggested to just start it myself due to the high outlay in $$$

This is very interesting! I think a lot of new entrepreneurs consider this route.

Can you tell us more about your experience of investigating the franchise route?

Was your friend in a franchise?

What were you liking about the potential of getting into a franchise and what didn't you like about it?