PDA

View Full Version : Hello! From PA

Jayd310
03-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Hey Everyone! My name is Jay im currently in my second year of the business.... I grew up with a father and a step father that both had there very own successful landscaping business... This is my second year out on my own! Must say its tuff! but i find this site very helpful with the questions and concerns i have.

Good Luck to all!

-JJ

Hedgemaster
03-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Hello from the other side of PA!

I'm in my first year and I'm staying away from "landscaping" for the most part. That's for young guys with strong backs - or old guys who can pay someone else to do the dirty work. :D

Steve
03-11-2011, 01:38 AM
This is my second year out on my own! Must say its tuff! but i find this site very helpful with the questions and concerns i have.

Hi Jay,

Welcome to our forum!

Have you found that their experiences to be helpful to you and your business growth? Have they offered much advise on how to operate your business?

If so, I'd love to hear some of your insights.

Jayd310
03-11-2011, 08:45 AM
ha-ha I hear ya hedge master it sure is a lot of work! ... Steve they did give me a lot of insight on how to tackle certain projects.... but not much on managing your own business. I am constantly still reading books on what different types of plants, shrubs and trees work best in current climates shade so on and so forth.... But I will say the hardest part of the business is there is sooooo much competition.. you really have to set yourself away from the pack and offer a solid reliable services to achieve and maintain a cliental... I try to stick with what I know I am good at ...And expain my knowledge in other fields as i go !

Steve
03-11-2011, 10:49 PM
they did give me a lot of insight on how to tackle certain projects.... but not much on managing your own business.

That is very interesting! Why do you think that is the case? Do you feel managing a business is a tougher topic?